Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Debbie

Just reading this. I'm so sorry about Debbie's passing. You have my utmost sympathy, Kendell.

Oh, honey. RIP Debbie. Melissa, buckle your seat belt, this ride is rough. I'm so sorry, babe, just sooo sorry you've been left. Can't help but feel relieved that Debbie's been set free. And she has, and she is.

I'm really touched by all the responses and though I don't have time to answer each one individually, please know I appreciate every sentiment.

On a physical level, Debbie was a very tough woman. She made idiots out of a lot of doctors over the years who would predict her imminent death, and surprised the Hospice doctors by leaving to go home not once, or twice, but three times. She lived far longer than she should have for all her body went through. Though I would give everything I own to have had her with me far longer, her life had become such a misery of suffering I loved her enough to want her to let go and be free when it became clear that she could not come back to any kind of real health or have any quality of life again.

On an emotional level, it is far better that I am left behind than if it had turned out to be the other way around. Debbie could not have handled that. I'm not exactly sure how to proceed with my life without her, nor if I even want to, but I know she would want me to and so I will try. The full reality of this has not really sunk in yet - I've had too much to work out and I"m doing my best to maintain. Sooner or later, it will and yes, Betheny, I expect the ride to be bumpier than anything I've known in my life.

Thank you all again, for the kind words. They are deeply appreciated.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    - Albert Einstein

So sorry!

My heart skipped a beat when i saw your post, and upon opening it i was immediately reduced to tears as it confirmed my worst fear. SCI robs and steals from all of us, the injured and us, the ab spouses. The love between the two of you is inspiring and was so obviously strong and courageous. I recently experienced a terrible loss to the sci beast and it got the better of me, but ive slowly regained some measure of strength since then. I hope for you the ability to grieve deeply, to be gentle with yourself and to surround yourself with the knowledge that she is free from her injury and pain, and her spirit lives on in you, and all those she touched,forever. Nothing ever takes that away. With my deepest sympathies and lovento you my dear friend ..... Ami

I'm sorry for your loss Melissa. It's going to be rough for awhile. Take care of yourself.
    Last edited by smokymtn memories; 10-08-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Dear Kendell, I am so sorry that you've lost Debbie. I understand what you are going through as my husband, Sean passed away Sept 24th. The past 7 years were not kind to him, so there is some peace in knowing he is free from pain and watching over us.

But having said that, I'm here having a very melancholy evening thinking about what could have been.

I understand, but I also know that you have so many other issues going on that make it all the more harder to cope.

I'm thinking about you and the several others here that have lost loved ones in the very recent past. We're a kind of sad group by association.

Take care Kendell. I hope that things get better for you very soon.

Shelley

I am so very sorry for your loss. She is free of pain now. Please take care of yourself. Hugs to you!

Very sorry. it seems we have had a lot of loss here lately.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

oh kendell, and shelley, I'm so sorry for your losses. take care.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer