Thread: Fall >>> pain !!

Fall >>> pain !!

Hi,

I fell on the floor big time yesterday. I was standing up, leaning against a very big and heavy door in a theater. Someone from inside the theater pushed it with all his might and I landed on my right side on the concrete floor: hip and shoulder.

Other than the monumental scare, I find myself in some pain now. I thought it would go away after a good night's sleep, but that is not the case. Nothing seems to be broken, but the hip joint and particularly the SHOULDER hurt a lot...

Any suggestions??

As a walking quad I fall quite often and have even torn my rotator cuffs, you may have gotten trauma injury, this happens to me quite often if it pusists I would see your GP and see what the have to say. good luck and hope you heal soon.

You should put ice on the area to prevent swelling, bruising and pain.
    Hope nothing is broken.
    CWO

Thank you for your replies...

I am trying to avoid seeing my GP since I seem to go to his office every week! The most pain is in the pectoralis major (or something like that), but it also radiates down the hand.

I ended up in the ER last Monday due to low O2sats. All week I felt as though I was a rickety puppet whose owner threw it(me) into walls, pulled my weak balsa wood joints apart and threw me down. Funny part is they put me under a twilight sleep to suction mucous plugs from my bronchial tubes. This week the aches and creaks have gone away but it took that much time (I don't remember the X-rays and or whatever else was done)

You could have torn a muscle but if it persist you might need some xrays. When I broke my knee my body shook very bad because of the pain.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison