Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Regenerative therapies?

What are Regenerative therapies?

When Dr Young says bladder bowel function can return through regenerative therapies. I can not undersatand what therapies these are?

Can you tell in detail Dr Young what are regenerative therapies? What involves in it and when these will be available for us? Any one doing at this stage?

Jawaid, this is the goal; of the trial commencing Oct 11th . The unbillical cord blood cell and lithium at the initial dose will finally begin and results will bel forthcoming. I assume , if successful, future trials will be at progressivly higher doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    When Dr Young says bladder bowel function can return through regenerative therapies. I can not undersatand what therapies these are?

Can you tell in detail Dr Young what are regenerative therapies? What involves in it and when these will be available for us? Any one doing at this stage?
    Jawaid, there are times when I feel as if all my posts on this site are not being read or ignored. About a third of the posts that I have made on this site have something to do with regenerative therapies of the spinal cord. Many therapies have been reported to regenerate the spinal cord. These include Nogo antibodies, chondroitinase, lithium, neurotrophins (NT3, GDNF, and NGF), PTEN and mTOR, cAMP and rolipram, lithium, and others.

Wise.

List

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Jawaid, there are times when I feel as if all my posts on this site are not being read or ignored. About a third of the posts that I have made on this site have something to do with regenerative therapies of the spinal cord. Many therapies have been reported to regenerate the spinal cord. These include Nogo antibodies, chondroitinase, lithium, neurotrophins (NT3, GDNF, and NGF), PTEN and mTOR, cAMP and rolipram, lithium, and others.

Wise.
    How to know what (available) therapy would be good for me or any individual SCI case?

Any place [website] where we can get ALL significant regenerative therapies available Listed with explanations / pros / cons?

Thank you Dr. Wise!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    How to know what (available) therapy would be good for me or any individual SCI case?

Any place [website] where we can get ALL significant regenerative therapies available Listed with explanations / pros / cons?

Thank you Dr. Wise!
    There aren't any proven, available therapies right now.
    T5/6, ASIA A, injured 30 Nov 08
    Future SCI Alumnus.
    I don't want to dance in the rain, I want to soar above the storm.

We're waiting for these therapies to evolve. Sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries
    Here is just one of the available resources when you search for spinal cord regenerative therapies.

http://www.cirm.ca.gov/SpinalCordInjury_facts
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post

Wise.
    Dr. Young,

Previously, I read your post about what you define as a scar, which by the way was very encouraging to me, seeing that it reinforces in my mind the small improvements I continue seeing in function, nearly two years post accident, are not just a mere figment of my imagination . My question to you is, because of what your science is telling you about the true anatomy of the "scar", is this the reason Decorin will not be included as part of your clinical trials? For the bigger part, I'm understanding you do not feel that it is necessary to breakdown the area around the contusion or injury, in order for regeneration to take place? In ending, may I personally say thank you for all the dedication you have given our cause. I wish I had those millions of dollars needed for you to advance your treatments.
    Last edited by Patty41; 10-06-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Are these regenerative therapies being tested in clinical trials some where or still in laboratories? How much still needed as these therapies could come on himans?

Dr Young can you tell me which stem cells have more potential to cure spinal injuries? Do you think umbilical cord cells have enough potential than embryonic or fetal cells or fetal and embryonic have more potential to regenerate spinal cord?