Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An overall shitty day

An overall shitty day

I was off yesterday and had a list of things to do.
    Went to Home Depot to get nuts and bolts to make a grate extension. Left there, was on my way to the cigar shop and SLAM I rear end a minivan with a mother and two young children. So I feel like a real jerk and continuously ask if her children are okay. She couldn't have been nicer. So we exchanged info and we were on our way, truck was still drivable and police were not involved, which made things simpler.

The plan was to go to the cigar shop afterwards, then to the Pet Shop and was gonna surprise my daughter with a guinea pig. I made it to the cigar shop and then went home to cut the grass and drink.
    Get the grass cut, then put together my grate extension. Get it together and couldn't be happier. Text a pic so to a friend and he said 'take it off your grill'. The idiot I am, bought zinc coated nuts, bolts and washers...so this is another part of my f'd up day. I'll go back to HD today to get stainless, I knew better, but I'm blonde. It fit and worked perfect but is toxic due to the zinc coating. This made me switch from beer to Beam. What else could go wrong?

So I continue on cooking without my extension as I'm internally ragggggggggggggggging. New potatoes marinated in Italian Dressing and red onion.

Added bratwurst and bell peppers.

Then my wife's Friday steak, ugh and asparagus.

This is where things simply hit rock bottom. I go inside to eat, ask my wife for the saurkraut and buns for the brats. SHE FORGOT BOTH. At this point in my day, I just say phuck it, just par for the course of the day and put it all in a pile and eat it and act like I'm enjoying it. A brat to me is not a brat without kraut and spicy mustard and chopped fresh onion.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Look on the bright side, you made it to the cigar store.

We all have those days. Hope you can pick up the pieces, shake off yesterday and have a great day today.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

So sorry about the accident, but if that is the meal you prepared afterwards it is awesome! Whenever you post your foodie pics I always want to be some relative of yours who drops by just as the noms are coming off the grill. You rock as a cook!

Thanks!!!

Things got worse this morning.....went to go to the store and a weld broke on my Glide N Go seat. So I'm about to give it up this weekend. Anyone wanna come over and drink my sorrows away with me?
    Larry
    ------

Sorry to hear about your accident, that always sucks. But on the note of asparagus, remember it's good for you! but makes for some stinky urine

oh hell, is that what that was! I though I was getting some kind of killer peepee bug, but no, it was the asparagas.
    well the grill extentension is neet, and I think I am going to do something like that, and now I know not to use zink coated nuts, so its not at total loss because I doubt most of use know some nuts and bolts are poison if heated.
    the truck binger, that just sucks. nice truck, by the way, I love my ole truckytruck.
    I wanna come to your house for dinner though, damn you made me hungry.

Blog Entries
    Me too. Or better yet...Larry, do you ever come north for grilling expeditions?

That sucks, but luckily the accident wasn't much worse.

The food looks great as always though. Seriously, you could have your own grilling show.

Hi Larry,
    Sorry about the accident.
    Gotta tell you...we made the Orange Sriracha chicken last night. It is zippy and delicious. Thanks.

All the best,
    GJ & NL

Thank you all! Honestly you're making me feel better.

On a good note, I got in contact with a local welder and he came out lickity split and re-welded the glide n go seat. I'll take pic's later if anyone is interested. $50, NOT bad for a house call on a Saturday, so I gave him $60! I was extremely appreciative of his response!!!
    Larry
    ------