Thread: KAFO parts

KAFO parts

Does anyone know where can I order KAFO parts ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

What brand?
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

I just make an appointment with the brace maker, and they will replace all the straps, padding, rivets, and such. likely, if your braces are old, they will recomend after the repair that they be replaced. I have had to get parts replaced about every six to eight months, but this set it has been a year. I moved so I am looking for an orthotics place to replace my padding and straps. for about five years, I had a shoe repair shop who would replace the straps and stuff for 20.00, so if I cant find an orthotics company I will look for a shoe repair shop again. what do you need replaced? hope you don't mind I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by WCmom View Post
    What brand?
    Any brand, as long as they offer lightweight metal brace and good joint design.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I just make an appointment with the brace maker, and they will replace all the straps, padding, rivets, and such. likely, if your braces are old, they will recomend after the repair that they be replaced. I have had to get parts replaced about every six to eight months, but this set it has been a year. I moved so I am looking for an orthotics place to replace my padding and straps. for about five years, I had a shoe repair shop who would replace the straps and stuff for 20.00, so if I cant find an orthotics company I will look for a shoe repair shop again. what do you need replaced? hope you don't mind I asked.
    This is the KAFO of my own design:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA_TDyH5HJE

I got fed up with those traditional leather or PVC padding, did not really support my leg well, always got lose, hurting my knee etc, so I design my own knee support and ask the brace maker to do it for me. I wore it for two years and no need to replace anything, just that one of the screw drop out.

just a screw? how about a hardware store? you should be able to find one that will fit.
    looks like good job on the braces. I'm very hard on my braces, with hiking, fests, and outdoor things like triking and fishing, so I sweat a lot in them, and I agree about the pvc padding. it gets yucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    just a screw? how about a hardware store? you should be able to find one that will fit.
    looks like good job on the braces. I'm very hard on my braces, with hiking, fests, and outdoor things like triking and fishing, so I sweat a lot in them, and I agree about the pvc padding. it gets yucky.
    Not just a screw, I want the whole metal bar, tend to make a new one, and improve some design.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Does anyone know where can I order KAFO parts ?

The Dr give me a prescription and i give it to an orthopedics and they make a mold of my leg and do a kafo for the excatly measurements of my legs, here is the result.

Insurence don`t pay you this stuff?
    It`s something curious, the insurence could pay if i need it, every year for a new kafo, which cost 1400 euros, but for a wheelchair only pay for one every two years but only 650 euros, so with that i only could get a Quickie brezzy or something like that, but i did some cheats
    Last edited by totoL1; 12-09-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The Dr give me a prescription and i give it to an orthopedics and they make a mold of my leg and do a kafo for the excatly measurements of my legs, here is the result.

Insurence don`t pay you this stuff?
    It`s something curious, the insurence could pay if i need it, every year for a new kafo, which cost 1400 euros, but for a wheelchair only pay for one every two years but only 650 euros, so with that i only could get a Quickie brezzy or something like that, but i did some cheats
    Wow, nice workmanship. Yup, insurance pay me the KAFO too. Just that I want to look for more simple design plate.

I like your brace, what material are they using, look so unique.