Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I lost Don

I lost Don

Don is gone. I can't believe it yet, but the quiet house tells me it's true. He had developed the insidious condition called ITP and the doctors couldn't get it under control. We rushed him to the hospital, where they told me he suffered a cerebral hemmorage. His blood platelets were down to 1 and his blood wouldn't clot, they couldn't do anything for him. He was always accepting of the health problems that he developed. First TM left him paralyzed at the T4 level, then his leg was amputated because of a infected pressure wound on the bottom of his foot, then ITP. Throughout it all, he was happy and comfortable, and looking forward to us growing old. I never got to say goodbye. That's what hurts. I know I wasn't always a regular poster on this site, but I sat for hours and read posts to learn anything that would help make his life easier or to comfort me. Thank you for letting me be a part of your forums. I wish only the best for all of you. May you live your life the best everyday. Goodbye. Nancy

So sorry for your loss Nancy. Hope you find peace.

Oh Nancy, I am so sad for you.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Sincere condolences Nancy. This sci life is terribly cruel. Please take care of yourself now.

Hello Nancy,
    I am truly sorry to hear about Don. I know from your posts that it has been a difficult couple of months for both of you. I am always at a loss for words at times like these, but the following says what I can't.

“There are no words deep enough and tender enough to soften your grief, or to lighten your burden. I know that the stars have all gone out, and the world seems poor and barren. Time, of course, will in some little degree dull the edge of pain. I wish I could write words of meaning enough to lessen your sense of loss. But I cannot. I know how I should feel under like circumstances, and so I know that my words are nothing…” --Robert G. Ingersoll

Hopefully, you will keep in touch with us through the caregivers forum, especially during the next difficult months. I know all of us there would be there for you. It may be helpful just to know that you can come to the forum and write your feelings when you need a friendly ear.

All the best to you and yours.
    NL (Wife of GJ)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I also have Transverse Myelitis and almost lost a foot due to an infected pressure sore. Scary.

Please accept my condolences, I am so sorry.

Nancy, I don't have any words...I'm so sorry.

I'm so moved and yet so sad as well. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope we have comforted you or made you laugh on those difficult days and maybe we still can.

I'm another one not so good with words at these times, but I wanted to let you know that I am very sorry and wishing you peace and healing as much as possible.