Thread: New C4-C5 injury

New C4-C5 injury

I am posting this thread for a complete stranger to me her name is Geeta. She messaged me on facebook asking for help and needing suggestions on what to do. I told her to register on this forum but shes not good with computers. Any advise? Here is what she wrote:

His name is Raj age 25 C4-C5 Quadrapiligia and today doctors going to oprate his leg to put plate bcoz bone is broken. He had an accident with car on Aug. 20, 2010. He was on Moterbike. I do not know what does Asia score means. I do not have reports with me. I am in Canada. he moves his left leg but right leg has frecture so he does not move his right leg. He has feeling in his arm but can not move his arm. Doctors put halo traction and send him home. I do not know how we can bring him USA and we are not rich So can you find out any hospital in India where there is good care and treatment. Or what do you suggest? Plz help us. I am on working visa So I can not go. I am just thinking all the time but no way seems. I just want to see my brother walking again and self dependent. Plz help me and tell me whatever u know.
    Thanks
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Perhaps one of our Indian members can get in touch with Geeta. Shwetarose comes to mind - suggest you PM her. I know there are others, but can't think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    I am posting this thread for a complete stranger to me her name is Geeta. She messaged me on facebook asking for help and needing suggestions on what to do. I told her to register on this forum but shes not good with computers. Any advise? Here is what she wrote:

His name is Raj age 25 C4-C5 Quadrapiligia and today doctors going to oprate his leg to put plate bcoz bone is broken. He had an accident with car on Aug. 20, 2010. He was on Moterbike. I do not know what does Asia score means. I do not have reports with me. I am in Canada. he moves his left leg but right leg has frecture so he does not move his right leg. He has feeling in his arm but can not move his arm. Doctors put halo traction and send him home. I do not know how we can bring him USA and we are not rich So can you find out any hospital in India where there is good care and treatment. Or what do you suggest? Plz help us. I am on working visa So I can not go. I am just thinking all the time but no way seems. I just want to see my brother walking again and self dependent. Plz help me and tell me whatever u know.
    Thanks
    Mac85,

It sounds as if Raj has an incomplete spinal cord injury (because he can move his left leg). As you know, this suggests that Raj will recover substantially when his leg fracture heals. The fact that he is in a hospital with a halo traction suggests that the doctors in his hospital is familiar with spinal cord injury although halo traction is a relatively old technique and most places in the United States are no longer using this approach to stabilizing a fracture.

The best rehabilitation center in India is the Indian Spinal Cord Injury Centre in New Delhi. If at all possible, I would suggest going to that centre.

Wise.

Thank you very much Dr. Wise, I will let Geeta know.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09