Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it possible to get cured by John of God?

is it possible to get cured by John of God?

Okay. I dont know what to do... what to think.. perhaps most of u heard of this brazilian guy and his videos named John of God etc... I saw it, and my rational me thought would be a scam even though i believe in sufism... until my really good friend actually pick up her bags and went to brazil to explore. She was thrilled by the place, the energy and people and John... you know John does invisible surgeries etc...

she emailed me with the link .."I bought this book and started reading it. Diana, read the 1st story – man in wheelchair! ..we are here, I can’t believe it. It is such a blessing! I have never felt such strong energy.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20031203040710/www.nexusmagazine.com/miracle.man.html "

The next step My friend supposed to take a pic of me to John - he makes a decision about you....( I am making the story very short as i want to get to the point)

so after 2 weeks being there she wroted me ...."I passed with your photo in front of Joao de Deus today and you have herbs that you need to take 3x a day. There are 5 packs each of 60 pills. This means you would have to take them for 58 days. I hope you are up for this, as I already got the pills. J Yes, no? J

The good news is you did not get an X marked on the photo, which means that they can heal you from a distance and with the herbs and you don’t need to come here in person. For now! J "......

and here i dont know what to think.... Got pills called Passiflora 210mg.... shall I take them? My rational me is thinking as I am on Coumadin 5mg not to and is fighting the believer... whats your take on all the above?
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

This guy is a spirit medium and works with demons. I would stay away from anything that comes from him.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

For Gawd's sake don't take those pills!

You have no idea what kind of crud could be in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianka View Post
    The good news is you did not get an X marked on the photo, which means that they can heal you from a distance and with the herbs and you don’t need to come here in person
    Sorry i didn't read the entire message, but only that chunk made me fall of my chair.

I mean... wtf?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

All they want is your $$$$$$$$$$$ SCAM artist!

Hi Dianka. Passiflora (passion flower) is generally considered safe, though it might cause nausea, vomiting and rapid heartbeat; of much greater concern in your case, is its potential to thin the blood. You are wise to be cautious, since you're on Coumadin.

There is also the question of whether or not the pills in the packets actually are what they are stated to be, and whether or not they are contaminated by other substances - chemical analysis of a sampling of each packet would be the only way to know for sure. You could buy your own passiflora at a health food store, but still you couldn't be sure about what was actually in the pills - and the blood-thinning issue (either for John of God's or a marketed brand) would be worrisome, especially if the pills actually do contain passiflora. In any case, passiflora is emphatically not a cure for SCI.

I think that, at the very least, you need to discuss this issue with your doctor. It seems to me that it would be unsafe to take any herbal supplement, in any amount, without getting the okay from your physician - especially since you are on Coumadin. If you take the pills without consulting your doctor, there's a good chance that your fear and worry would be counterproductive (at best). Just my two cents.

I understand your dilemma and wish you a clear path to the best decision - in your shoes, I don't think I'd take the risk.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 09-27-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: grammar and additional thought

fail.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

In a strange way he actually just got 0xSquidy out of his chair..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Good advice Bonnette.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianka View Post
    Okay. I dont know what to do... what to think.. perhaps most of u heard of this brazilian guy and his videos named John of God etc... I saw it, and my rational me thought would be a scam even though i believe in sufism... until my really good friend actually pick up her bags and went to brazil to explore. She was thrilled by the place, the energy and people and John... you know John does invisible surgeries etc...

she emailed me with the link .."I bought this book and started reading it. Diana, read the 1st story – man in wheelchair! ..we are here, I can’t believe it. It is such a blessing! I have never felt such strong energy.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20031203040710/www.nexusmagazine.com/miracle.man.html "

The next step My friend supposed to take a pic of me to John - he makes a decision about you....( I am making the story very short as i want to get to the point)

so after 2 weeks being there she wroted me ...."I passed with your photo in front of Joao de Deus today and you have herbs that you need to take 3x a day. There are 5 packs each of 60 pills. This means you would have to take them for 58 days. I hope you are up for this, as I already got the pills. J Yes, no? J

The good news is you did not get an X marked on the photo, which means that they can heal you from a distance and with the herbs and you don’t need to come here in person. For now! J "......

and here i dont know what to think.... Got pills called Passiflora 210mg.... shall I take them? My rational me is thinking as I am on Coumadin 5mg not to and is fighting the believer... whats your take on all the above?

hi! here some information re: Passionflower
    Passionflower
    What Is Passionflower Used for Today? | What Is the Scientific Evidence for Passionflower? | Dosage | Safety Issues | Interactions You Should Know About | References

Passiflora incarnata

Principal Proposed Uses
    • Anxiety; Drug Addiction
    Other Proposed Uses
    • Insomnia; Nervous Stomach

The passionflower vine is a native of the Western hemisphere, named for symbolic connections drawn between its appearance and the crucifixion of Jesus. Native North Americans used passionflower primarily as a mild sedative. It quickly caught on as a folk remedy in Europe and was thereafter adopted by professional herbalists as a sedative and digestive aid.

What Is Passionflower Used for Today?
    In 1985, Germany's Commission E officially approved passionflower as a treatment for "nervous unrest." The herb is considered to be a mildly effective treatment for anxiety and insomnia, less potent than kava and valerian, but nonetheless useful. Like melissa (lemon balm), chamomile, and valerian, passionflower is also used for nervous stomach.

However, there is only weak supporting scientific evidence that passionflower works for these purposes. Preliminary trials suggest that passionflower might be helpful for anxiety9,14 and chemical dependency.10 Animal studies suggest that passionflower extracts can reduce agitation and prolong sleep.1,11-13

The active ingredients in passionflower are not known.

What Is the Scientific Evidence for Passionflower?
    Anxiety
    A 4-week double-blind study of 36 individuals with anxiety (specifically, generalized anxiety disorder) compared passionflower to the standard drug oxazepam.9 Oxazepam worked more quickly, but by the end of the 4-week trial, both treatments proved equally effective. Furthermore, passionflower showed a comparative advantage in terms of side-effects: use of oxazepam was associated with more job-related problems (such as, daytime drowsiness). And, in a placebo-controlled trial involving 60 surgical patients, passionflower significantly reduced anxiety up to 90 minutes prior to surgery.14

Chemical Dependency
    A 14-day, double-blind trial enrolled 65 men addicted to opiate drugs and compared the effectiveness of passionflower and the drug clonidine together against clonidine alone.10 Clonidine is a drug widely used to assist narcotic withdrawal. It effectively reduces physical symptoms such as increased blood pressure. However, clonidine does not help emotional symptoms, such as drug craving, anxiety, irritability, agitation, and depression. These symptoms can be quite severe and often cause enrollees in drug treatment programs to end participation. In this 14 day study, the use of passionflower along with clonidine significantly eased the emotional aspects of withdrawal as compared to clonidine alone.

http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetCo...chunkiid=21836