Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need urologist surgeon for mitrofanoff

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Northwest Michigan

    Need urologist surgeon for mitrofanoff

    I live in northern western Michigan. I haven't been able to find a urologist with much experience in mitrofanoff surgery I also tried University of Michigan. Since I have to travel, I was wondering what is the best hospital in US for this type of procedure. I was also considering a colostomy, can these two operations be performed at the same time, since both will probably entail cutting out my bowel.

  2. #2
    Yes, they can be done at the same time, but you would need a surgical team made up of both a GI surgeon and a urologic surgeon to do that.

    Call your closest children's hospital and ask to speak to someone in the pediatric urology department. Often this is where you find the surgeons who are experienced in this procedure. You can also check with your local spina bifida association staff. This procedure has been used much longer in kids with spina bifida than with adults with SCI. You may need to travel someplace to have this done...Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Rochester (MN) or even Chicago.


Similar Threads

  1. best surgeon in US
    By in8 in forum Doctors & Clinics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
  2. urologist, spine surgeon
    By smfrg in forum Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
  3. Surgeon for Mitrofanoff in SF area?
    By leschinsky in forum Doctors & Clinics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 03:58 AM
  4. Urologist for Mitrofanoff Procedure in Jacksonville, FL
    By Stephaboo in forum Doctors & Clinics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 11:01 PM
  5. Urologist/Surgeon for Mitrofanoff in D.C.
    By Allison in forum Doctors & Clinics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts