On October 17, 2010 I will be participating in the 20th annual CHOC Walk In The Park at Disneyland benefiting the Children's Hospital of Orange County. The money raised will be used to provide services to Children with varying medical needs throughout Orange County. When I had my 4th back surgery in 2007, the hospital I had it done through was connected to CHOC, and CHOC has been very supportive to the Scoliosis Association, an organization I work very closely with. I currently have a friend who is 3 years old undergoing chemo for leukemia, and I want to make sure that all kids who need specialized medical care are able to receive it, no matter how much their parents make.
Children don't have the ability to decide what (if any) insurance they have, what job their parent works at and how much money their parent makes.
Help me in my goal to help children in need of medical attention. If you live in the So. Cal area and can join me on walk day, I challenge you to wake up early and walk (or roll) the 5K with me and the Living The Dream team. If you are out of the area, see if your local Children's Hospital has a similar fundraising opportunity. If you are able to donate money, feel free to sponsor me in my walk (roll) in this years CHOC Walk: http://www.chocwalk.net/faf/donorReg...855355EA16E0C5
All donations are tax deductible, and all funds go to providing medical care to children.
Thank you to everyone who helps by participating in a walk or fundraising to help those in need.

(I know that many people do not have the ability to donate monetarily, and if that is the case with you, don't feel obligated to donate. A prayer, a good wish, etc is just as important for those on the road to recovery).

Mandy