Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what cushion works for you?

I love all the Stimulites - Classic, Sport and Contour. I'm sitting on a Contour right now. They're light. They breathe. They're supportive. They're durable. What more could you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    2" inch piece of foam, i cut to 16" x 16" each time i needed one.
    can get foam anywhere

all i've used for 32 years, guess my butts used to it by now
    Old habits die hard!

I still use the same make of 2" foam cushion I was issued with 33 years ago.

Thinking about it, anything softer or with less slide-ability and I wouldn't be able to transfer on and off it.

Great, thank you for every ones response, ill check out that butt pressure test thing then hopefully try out a few cushions. Thanks again for every ones input.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Blog Entries
    I don't understand the huge differences between DMEs and on line retailers. My DME quotes a retail price of $675 for a high profile ROHO. I can find it all over the Internet for almost half off that.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

RussianBoss

Since you are presently accustomed to a Hudson Pressure EEZ Supreme you will find the Stimulite Sport, and other Stimulite models, will feel significantly less soft (i.e., stiffer, harder) than your present cushion. The Stimulites; however, are unmatched with respect to air circulation in the seat area - a trait you would appreciate in Charlotte's summer heat. Stimulites can be purchased with an "XS" option - a slightly softer top layer of the honeycomb material - but even with the "XS" option the Stimulites will still be harder than your present cushion. Your Hudson Pressure EEZ Supreme will feel similar to the J2 and other gel/fluid type cushions. The person who established this forum - Doctor Wise Young - has suggested that the Vicair type of air cushions is an excellent wheelchair cushion.
    Last edited by WC_Sage; 09-28-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    I don't understand the huge differences between DMEs and on line retailers. My DME quotes a retail price of $675 for a high profile ROHO. I can find it all over the Internet for almost half off that.
    it's b/c DME suppliers (1) find ways to have stupid high overhead costs (or claim to) & consequently have "forced" the manufacturers to price products at higher levels. many manufacturers rely on dealers to sell their stuff, so it happens.

(2) b/c the funding sources tolerate it as long as products are coded certain ways. if insurance companies, etc refused to pay the high rates, prices would drop.

sportaid, spinlife, etc have lower overhead & many times don't even stock products. they can sell at a lower cost b/c all they do is push paperwork (they don't deal w/ insurance) & provide customer service.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    dme's charge more because they like to handle the goods, I got a chair thru National seating and mobility and it was shipped 2 other places before i finally got it, supposedly this was once to main office to be checked over, but yet the Dme at the store where i got still had to work on it and had a bunch of chairs in shop that were new and not right? Too many hands on, online comes straight from manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    RussianBoss

Since you are presently accustomed to a Hudson Pressure EEZ Supreme you will find the Stimulite Sport, and other Stimulite models, will feel significantly less soft (i.e., stiffer, harder) than your present cushion. The Stimulites; however, are unmatched with respect to air circulation in the seat area - a trait you would appreciate in Charlotte's summer heat. Stimulites can be purchased with an "XS" option - a slightly softer top layer of the honeycomb material - but even with the "XS" option the Stimulites will still be harder than your present cushion. Your Hudson Pressure EEZ Supreme will feel similar to the J2 and other gel/fluid type cushions. The person who established this forum - Doctor Wise Young - has suggested that the Vicair type of air cushions is an excellent wheelchair cushion.
    Ill try as many as i can and hopefully find one that fits me right. The price of these cushions is unreal. Any one tried The SeatCushion by Tempur-Pedic site ?
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    i tried a memory foam cushion and have one on my power chair, they are ok for a while, but i wouldn't use one for my main cushion. not sure what brand it was that i tried and i use the power chair for standing so i am not on cushion that long.

stimulite classic XS for me....roho low profile as backup.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.