Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: injured 4 months ago...sux but stayin positive!

yes i am in outpatient but i only get to go twice a week.

nurse-i really want to wait until the wedding means im married. i have been waiting a long time to get marrried and im gonna be stubborn. im not going let this injury take away this day from me.

my best friend who pushed me just got engaged and i cant help but have a hard time with that

Hi I am Amit Nice to meet you!
    I was injured in a motorcycle accident nearly two years ago and I'd love to talk to you or answer your questions
    I'm very glad you think it is true that a positive approach in my opinion to deal with such a case must go to good and positive way
    Feel free to contact me and ask
    I wish you good luck down your path

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    yes i am in outpatient but i only get to go twice a week.

nurse-i really want to wait until the wedding means im married. i have been waiting a long time to get marrried and im gonna be stubborn. im not going let this injury take away this day from me.

my best friend who pushed me just got engaged and i cant help but have a hard time with that
    The more you get back right now the better you will be!! I deff would have a hard time with the gal who pushed you! Welcome and Congrats of your up-coming marriage.

ECU -- check and see if your state offers some kind of waiver for traumatic injuries that would allow you to get medicaid.

There will be good days and bad days -- stay strong, we're all here for advice and a place to vent.

Take care.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Well for heaven's sake ......

Betheny turned me on to Jezebel awhile back and I've been lovin' it ever since ..... and then one day .... what do you know ...... there YOU are sweetie http://urlPass.com/6jg9

Hope you are doing well ! Were you okay with the way they presented your story ?

Obieone
    ETA - Opps my bad!
    Gawker is part of the blogging group that includes Jezebel - Rachel's story was done by Gawker not Jez ! The Comments section always makes for pretty interesting reading. I'm still surprised by the things people say !
    Last edited by Obieone; 11-18-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Little fix-up and added a question.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Welcome! You have found a great site!

Hi - sorry you've joined the club here, but glad you've found us. We live in the Raleigh-Durham area, PM me and we can try to be helpful to you - my husband is a 23 year veteran of the C4/5 quad life. Our home is accessible obviously, so it would be nice to have you over and get acquainted sometime! -- Ami

Welcome to CC, sorry ya had to find us. As I'm sure you know, the news article regarding your injury has circulated the rounds, I personally read it on FB last week. I can't imagine the guilt your best friend feels. I do understand how difficult it is for you going through your best friend's engagement. I don't know if either of you have considered it, but you both might benefit from some counseling. It has been such a short time and neither of you have had much time to take in everything that has happened. It's not uncommon for her to have a bit of "survivor's guilt" per-say, and it's completely normal/alright for you to be a little upset/jealous because she is now planning her wedding(and possibly wanting you to participate) and you haven't gotten to follow through with your wedding plans. All of this is normal & expected but it will probably eat away at both of you if you don't at least talk to eachother about it. A counselor is trained to help with that. As for having your wedding, I have known people who have had a full fledged wedding, ceremony, reception, the whole deal, with just the religious certificate. The trick is to find a minister willing to do so. This marries you religiously, in the eyes of the church & God(whatever your beliefs are) but leaves your legal status as unmarried & doesn't affect your benefits as for Medicaid & SSI. A really good friend of mine did this many years ago when she had liver disease & was on a transplant list waiting for her 2nd liver transplant(her 1st one was as a child). If she'd gotten married legally Medicaid would have kicked her off & she'd have not qualified for a transplant. They had a beautiful wedding on the river, but had to find a minister who would do the ceremony without the license. This may be a possibility for you. You'd still get your certificate from the church, but not the license from the state.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......