Page 99 of 170 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    For a real adventure, why don't you go hog hunting in Pakistan? Yes, Pakistan. They will even give you a permit free. If you get enough of them, it might even smooth over U.S.-Pakistan relations. lol

http://www.mail.com/scitech/health/1...e-Container3-1
    Let me change the oil, pump up the tires, and re-up on a few thousand rounds of 50 cal and I'll be ready to go. Anybody up for a road trip? I have room for one more. Soooeeeeeey, KaBloooooeeeeey!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

When the hogs are mad, you need a tail-gunner. Always protect your ass! lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

As fast as the first hog was moving on Thursday, I sure could have used the 50cal. Is that yours, Deadeye? If so, is it full auto?

Quote Originally Posted by Isomaad View Post
    Well, I finally got to go on my first hog hunt yesterday and it was a big success. We went to Caryonah Hunting Lodge in Crossville, Tennessee. We barely had time to get set up when the first hog came in fast and furious. I never could get lined up on him though and he about came through the blind. My buddy had not even had a chance to zip up the door and had already pulled and aimed his pistol before the hog finally turned. The next one came about five minutes later and he wasn't as lucky. I took a head shot at about 75 yards and dropped him in his tracks with my Colt 6920. He weighed 165lbs dressed. It was really crazy how it happened so fast but it was fun and exciting to say the least. The folks at Caryonah have an awesome place for hog hunting and I can't wait to go back, maybe it will last a little longer next time. Hee! Hee! I'm really pumped for turkey season now!

congrats on your hunt. nice gun to

Thanks Dusty, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Isomaad View Post
    As fast as the first hog was moving on Thursday, I sure could have used the 50cal. Is that yours, Deadeye? If so, is it full auto?
    Don't I wish! No, it's an internet steal. But a helluva set up!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Off time... post season

So what do you do when the season is over....

Beer Can Mount.

Cheers,

That picture makes me thirsty for some reason.

I went on our annual Wheelin Sportsmen hunt in Greeneville, TN today and had the most exciting turkey hunt I have ever been a part of. I've never been in such close proximity to so many Jakes and Toms strutting and gobbling their heads off. I was a wreck by the time it was over. I went from passing on a Jake, to wishing I hadn't , back to glad I did, then back to wishing I hadn't before ever getting a shot at giving this nice tom a dirt nap. Man, it took nearly two hours of hard work but it was worth it. My new Mossberg 930 has officially drawn it's first blood. My bird weighed 22lbs, had a 10.8 inch beard, one spur an inch and the other an inch and a quarter.

Awesome bird Johnny! I see my old buddy Billy(I think that's his name-2nd from left). Was Shane there? Did he help with the hunt?