Page 89 of 170 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    It was a nice afternoon in the stand. I ran errands after work and didn't get to stand until 4:00, just in time to watch a small 6 pointer walk across the opening at 140 yds. Saw a spike, doe and a small 4 pt after that. Meeting all day tomorrow and might be able to make it out Friday afternoon. Otherwise our last Wheelin' hunt of the fall is on Sat.
    Did you run out of shells or just wasn't hungry today?
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Not squeezing the trigger unless it's going on the wall. Well, I take that back. I am going to pop some does before the season is out. I need some more for the freezer and I have 4-5 others wanting some. I'm just not dropping anything other than a wallhanger when I'm hunting by myself. Might have to pluck a doe or two on the DPOP tags this weekend.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Golfcart is back on the road!

My ClubCar died a month ago from overuse and little or no servicing. Had a buddy put on a new carb and tune it up and it's running like a top again. I'm ready to head to the back 40 next week.

The silver bars sticking up, fold down and each has a mount for my gun rest. Back it in the brush, throw a little camo cloth over the door opening and get ready to shoot.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

My ClubCar died a month ago from overuse and little or no servicing. Had a buddy put on a new carb and tune it up and it's running like a top again. I'm ready to head to the back 40 next week.

Deadeye: These are 100% electric correct? My hinting buddy has been trying to convince me to get one vs gas side by side, how do you like it? any major complaints? does it poop out on hills or motor right up them like the advertise? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Deadeye: These are 100% electric correct? My hinting buddy has been trying to convince me to get one vs gas side by side, how do you like it? any major complaints? does it poop out on hills or motor right up them like the advertise? Thanks in advance
    They have both electric and gas powered. Mine is gas. I figured if it died in the woods, I could get a gallon of gas easier than I could get a gallon of electricity

Complaints? Sure, it won't go where a Mule or a Rhino goes, nor does it have their pulling or towing power, but I've been amazed at how well it does. I have a small 3x3 trailer that I use sometimes. I roll up on it and have a friend drop me off at my stand. It will pull me fine over most navigable terrain without a problem.

I hunt in michigan. I was just recently injured in august of this year. I am a t-6 complete so my balance is a little challenged so I rigged a golf cart with hand controls and camoed it to the fullest!!! I have shot a 7 pointer ,3 pointer, and a doe so far this year and hunting season isnt over

I am pretty mechanical so i tend to lean towards gas, but the electric sounds very quiet where he hunt is mostly grown in logging roads and skid trail short cuts some are quite steep you switch back and forth up the mountain when sitting you can here someone coming for miles i liked the idea of being more quiet but think a good muffler might be the solution, I burned the clutch out of my 4-wheeler dragging my sons elk out I am kind of hard on them Thank you for the info nothing better then first hand info i like the looks of your outfit!!

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    I am pretty mechanical so i tend to lean towards gas, but the electric sounds very quiet where he hunt is mostly grown in logging roads and skid trail short cuts some are quite steep you switch back and forth up the mountain when sitting you can here someone coming for miles i liked the idea of being more quiet but think a good muffler might be the solution, I burned the clutch out of my 4-wheeler dragging my sons elk out I am kind of hard on them Thank you for the info nothing better then first hand info i like the looks of your outfit!!
    The gas carts are actually very quiet also. They are nothing like a Rhino or Mule or other gas engine ATV, much quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    I hunt in michigan. I was just recently injured in august of this year. I am a t-6 complete so my balance is a little challenged so I rigged a golf cart with hand controls and camoed it to the fullest!!! I have shot a 7 pointer ,3 pointer, and a doe so far this year and hunting season isnt over
    Awesome! But we need pics

Welcome aboard too.

Mixed emotions today. On one hand I'm relieved that we completed our 18th, and final, deer hunt of the season here in Va. yesterday. One the other, I'll sure miss hunting with these guys again until spring. We hunted at the local Woodrow Wilson Rehab Center yesterday. 12 hunters and 13 deer killed. No bucks but some of the does were huge for Va. standards. And no, no deer for me. I had a shot at a nice doe about 7:30 but she was headed straight for a young severely disabled hunter so I let her pass. She got within 40 yards of him, turned and walked across the road. They couldn't get his wheelchair turned around in time to get him a shot. A nice hunt to end our season on. Now three more weeks of the season left for me!