Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Depends on how it is handled from the moment it is killed. You may have gotten meat that was not properly field dressed , processed, chilled and then prepared for cooking. I do like it but have had meat that did not taste good at all.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Thanks!! It has been a slow seasaon in Iowa also. Going out Saturday with my muzzloader. I have seen 2 bucks over 160'' last week but not close enough, looking to nail one with my muzzleoader!!

I have also been test driving an Action Track chair. look it up on the internet...it kicks butt and is fun to ride. Cheap at $8,800.00 compared to the nearly $20,000.00 I paid for my extreme x4.

I do eat the meat most times. Like Grange said it depends on how it is prepared and hwo the meat is handled. When done right it is the best around. Jerkey is your best bet or sausage.

Can't wait until Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Do ya'll really eat the meat because I have tried and just do not find it tasty at all.
    yea we do wtf its GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD stuff

Quote Originally Posted by hv1987 View Post
    Thanks!! It has been a slow seasaon in Iowa also. Going out Saturday with my muzzloader. I have seen 2 bucks over 160'' last week but not close enough, looking to nail one with my muzzleoader!!

I have also been test driving an Action Track chair. look it up on the internet...it kicks butt and is fun to ride. Cheap at $8,800.00 compared to the nearly $20,000.00 I paid for my extreme x4.

I do eat the meat most times. Like Grange said it depends on how it is prepared and hwo the meat is handled. When done right it is the best around. Jerkey is your best bet or sausage.

Can't wait until Saturday!!

I'll be out next weekend in all my glory... lol

Where about are you from? I'm just north of Cedar Rapids by a couple miles. Biggest deer I saw all fall was ~130-140", and I passed on him twice. Hopefully he survives shotgun season and late season.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Biggest deer I saw all fall was ~130-140", and I passed on him twice. Hopefully he survives shotgun season and late season.
    You guys are killing me talking about letting 140's walk!! I guess that's the perks of living in big deer country.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Well, technically I wasn't going to let him walk. First time I was to busy playing hearts on my phone killing time, and he snuck up on me since it was raining, and couldn't hear him coming. 2nd time I had just got into the stand, and him and a doe were only 20 yards away watching my every move, and I had no chance to grab my bow with out spooking them. I had 1 shot as he was cornering away from me, but I didn't feel comfortable taking it, so he got to live.. LOL
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I'm a pretty new SCI T5 and got some fishing done and shot the 22 plenty. Don't know how I'll do with the deer rifle yet with the trunk control stuff but anxious to try it and get some deer hunting done. Any tips or pointers out there on some wheelchair deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf41 View Post
    Any tips or pointers out there on some wheelchair deer hunting?
    I use a mono-stick to stay on target. Couldnt stay steady enough last year for my liking. I am a T 7/8 inc.

Good luck if you get out there!

I hear ya Robin on the 140's....... Thats a lot of steaks walking around in them farms!

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf41 View Post
    I'm a pretty new SCI T5 and got some fishing done and shot the 22 plenty. Don't know how I'll do with the deer rifle yet with the trunk control stuff but anxious to try it and get some deer hunting done. Any tips or pointers out there on some wheelchair deer hunting?
    Definitely a set of shooting sticks. They'll help your aim tremendously.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Or Deadeyes holder, its great.

Not seeing anything around here close enough to shoot.