Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Thanks Patton. One more buck tag left so heading back out today and tomorrow. Anytime you want to give hunting a swing, let me know and we'll hook you up. You need to hook up with me in May for our Outdoor Day to get in some fishing and shooting. Get your feet wet!

Since this site has gone straight to S#!+, and most of my friends visit this thread, I'll use it to say Merry Christmas to my CC friends.

Unless I get a Christmas miracle, my season is over. I got to go once, a couple weeks ago, but only saw a few does too far away. I got stuck in the mud as well. I recently had to replace my gas tank and fuel pump, now the steering has gone out. I wasn't sure if I have enough money to get it fixed and pay for Christmas. Seriously thinking that hunting is not in my cards. Murphy's law has hit me every time I venture out. :(
    Anyhow, good luck all and Merry Christmas, everyone.

Sorry you're having such a hard time getting out to Scott. I wish you were across the line in Virginia and we could hook you on some Wheelin' hunts.

Merry Christmas to you too bud!

It would be nice if there were more flat, open areas near me... at least public land. We just had a really heavy rain last night, so the odds of me getting another try this season went down. I may give it one more try next year... we'll see. Needless to say, I'm bummed.

I am not into hunting animals, but I would like to get out on a range and try some target shooting again. When I was like 17 I shot once a week in a small bore club. .22 single shot Anshutz, I used to be good, shot a few 100s even. I miss it. Would LOVE to try a Barrett....lol. It would need to be bolted down though!.

I grew up on a farm and hunted almost every day of deer season. Twelve years ago a botched surgery left me with central cord and I no longer have enough function to shoot. Some days I really miss it, but I'm so glad I had the time to hunt that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrx View Post
    I grew up on a farm and hunted almost every day of deer season. Twelve years ago a botched surgery left me with central cord and I no longer have enough function to shoot. Some days I really miss it, but I'm so glad I had the time to hunt that I did.
    What is your equivalent injury level? There are several types of adaptive hunting modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrx View Post
    Too early to throw the towel in yet. There are lots of great disabled hunting opportunities in AL. Give us a little more info on your disability and abilities. I'm C5-6 and hunt all the time. Many others on here do the same with higher or similar injuries.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I got skunked last year, had multiple encounters with 2-3 year olds, but I was only after 1 deer. Then we got snow the week of Thanksgiving, and that was pretty much the end of my season until 2nd season shotgun when we group hunt. Our group got 12, mostly does, and 1 nice buck, 140" ish. This winter was about the coldest I can ever remember, so I lost about any motivation to try to go out, plus with the snow we had, my chair doesn't like it much, so I just stayed in where it was warm and the beer was cold.

Didn't even find much for sheds, didn't look as much as I wanted too, my outside chair works pretty good, but its a pain to cover much ground, so I tried using a quad to cover as much as I could. Looked over 3 different farms for that big guys sheds, but he had been sighted 3/4-1 mile away from where we had pics of him, so he had quite the territory.

Probably won't get much time to hunt this fall, started a new job, 8-5 freaking sucks compared to doing nothing collecting a check.. Crappy thing is, I'm not making much more if any vs. just staying at home collecting a check.. But should have better insurance, and building a 401k, that makes up for it right?

Renting a skidloader in probably July, gonna clear about 4-5 acres for fall food plots, so hopefully it'll be a little easier to get some horns on the ground. Should be getting mineral sites and cameras out this week if all goes as planned.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I pretty much hunt from September through December with crossbow or rifle. Last year I was fortunate enough to get a antelope in Wyoming. Also got a nice 5 x 7 Whitetail close to where I live. Antelope with rifle. Whitetail with crossbow. The antelope was my second kill with a rifle, the other being a buck Whitetail. I believe I have seven kills with crossbow. If I ever figure out how to put pictures on here I will post.