Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5
    I finally found some land to use... hopefully within a week or so, I'll be hunting.
    good to hear scott

Congrats on the doe Alan! I'm doing a lot of hunting but not getting any shots. I did pass on 2 does Wed but am really excited about muzzleloader season starting here in Va. on Nov. 2nd.

On a separate note, I am loving my new Parker Concorde.

I just finally put a trail cam on my main property after finding a fresh rub from a BRUISER the tree is 4 inch in diameter & it is TORE up . Should be able to put some pics on here real shortly of a good buck if I can figure him out. I am also leaving for Ohio on the 2nd thru the 7th of Nov for some prime hunting ground. Cant wait !!!! Where is RSieck been with one of his bruisers ??? I havent been seeing as many deer this year in my spot , not sure whats happening. Last year there was corn this year its beans think it has alot to do with it .

Our deer firearms season opens this weekend. I don't have private land and have been going to the same management area for the past 5-6 years now seeing maybe 2-3 every 3-4 days. Last evening I saw 11 in one hour including 2 bucks. The bigger one was chasing a doe. The rut is on and the deer are moving, it looks better than I've seen in years. I'm ready!

I've wanted to boar hunt, but never had the time. Now I've got time on my hands, isn't life funny.
    I'm spending winter in South Carolina and would love to get out. Anybody have a recommendation on a S.C. boar hunt that could accommodate a paraplegic in a Renegade Wheelchair?

Quote Originally Posted by sw1
    I've wanted to boar hunt, but never had the time. Now I've got time on my hands, isn't life funny.
    I'm spending winter in South Carolina and would love to get out. Anybody have a recommendation on a S.C. boar hunt that could accommodate a paraplegic in a Renegade Wheelchair?
    Suggest you contact these folks. If anyone can help, it would be them: I know they do deer and turkey hunts. I do not know about boar.

http://www.scspinalcord.org//living-...are-you-hunter

http://fun4allsc.org/

We hunted in Halifax Co. Saturday on a deer management hunt. They wanted every doe we saw shot, so I obliged and popped these two around 9. My buddy said he'd gut them but I had drag 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1JK-dg9EHM

Nice job DeadEye... Is that how you take women back to your place as well? lol
    I finally got my van fixed and if it doesn't rain for a few days, I might get to go soon.

Don't plan on the rain holding off unfortunately Scott. The next 2 days will be nasty. We have a hunt on Sat. and the place is always a mud hole if it's wet. Not really looking forward to dealing with a mud covered chair.

I shot this broken-up scrub 10 pointer a couple weeks during muzzleloader season. I didn't range it but thought it was 130, maybe 140 yds. The guide ranged it the next day when they recovered my buck and said it was 170 yards.It ran 20 yards and dropped.

Here's my double doe drag from last Saturday's hunt.

Deadeye, do you ever hunt on military installations? I haven't decided on hunting in the future but we were up at Fort McCoy on opening day of rifle season Saturday. By noon the commissary had several guys in full orange who had bagged their count and were picking up groceries for their spouses. Driving back on I-90 we saw hunters galore out there but in full orange jackets and pants. We have city types from Chicago who need extra hints on not shooting their fellow bipeds.
    Stay safe out there everyone!