Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Awesome thunder chicken Iso, and some great pics. Too bad the cam didn't get the kill shot! We still have two more weeks before it comes in here in Virginia. Next Sat is youth day so I'm taking my nephew out.
    Thanks Deadeye! I hope your nephew bags a fantastic bird. I'll be going on the Greenville, TN Wheellin Sportsman hunt on Saturday, so I hope I'll get a chance to pull the trigger on # 2. Yeah, that would have been awesome to have got the kill shot but I was tickled to death to get what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
    Great pictures thanks for sharing. Wonderful bird!!!
    Thanks Evonne and congrats to you as well on your Red Stag! That was awesome! Nice picture too by the way, I could tell you looked really happy. It's great to see young ladies such as yourself getting out and enjoying hunting as well as other shooting sports. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by hv1987 View Post
    Hi guys. Forgot to post the picture of the buck I shot with my muzzleloader this year. Shot him in December, About 10 degrees out. Nearly froze to death dragging him back to the truck with my wheelchair. Then used the lift in the back of my truck to hold him up so I could field dress him. It was a fun night!
    NIce buck There sure are some big boys in Iowa . What kind of chair are you talking about a manual chair or a power chair ? You are one bad man if you drug that thing out with a manual chair !!!!!

Nice bird, ISO congrats I am going turkey hunting next week up north to my uncles hopefully there will be pics to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Isomaad View Post
    Opening Day in East Tn. was a big success! 24lbs. 11" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. After the hunt, we checked a trail cam that was just a few yards from our decoys and got a nice surprise. We got a couple great shots of the bird making his final strut around my DSD jake decoy just seconds before I sent him to gobbler heaven. Couldn't haave asked for a better hunt. Thanks for looking guys/gals.
    congrats

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_goodson View Post
    post a pic of that badboy
    ...That's what she said

Having a rummage through grandad's gun stuff we found a stash of springs and hammer weights and bits and pieces to adjust the power so I've now got it down to 11.6ft/lb so I don't have to go through the hastle of a fire arms certificate, it's a lot quieter too. It's quite an old design rifle with a separate bolt to the hammer mechanism, pretty simple. It was purchased around '93, made by Titan who are now known as Falcon but they don't make anything resembling this anymore. It's been well looked after though that's for sure.

Attachment 49471

Attachment 49472

Also just put a new scope on it, a 'Hawke sport hd 3-9x40 ao ir'.. sh*t hot scope for reasonable money, paid £75 delivered. I havn't had a chance to do any target shooting at longer rangers but i can put the pellet through the same hole repeatedly at 20 yards. A friend has a field roughly 100 yards long so we're going to set out some boards at 25, 50, 75 & 100 yards and figure out how many mil dots for different ranges.

Got a cheapo 14 shot co2 air pistol too, primarily for finishing off wounded birds but it's a fun little plinker so it's using my pellets at an alarming rate!

Attachment 49473
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Parked the van at 5:20, put on the gun rest and 20 ga and headed the 500 yards to my stand. Took my quad ass 10 minutes to get the decoys set up on the stakes I'd put out yesterday afternoon. In the blind at 5:50 and all set.

One started gobblin' 250 yards behind and down the bottom from me at 6:10. About 6:25 I did some soft tree yelps and a fly down. He gobbled hard until 6:30 then moved across the bottom towards me and up to my right 150 yards off. He went back and forth in that area, then back over the ridge around 9. I cut hard and at 9:15 and jake walked into the decoys but I let him walk. I heard gobblin in the distance until 11. Then two birds came in but neither got closer than 100 yards. I left at 12:15 and the one on the ridge was still hammering. I can't get back there for a few days but he won't be there if he's that much of a loudmouth. It's been a long time since I've heard gobblin' like that.

Today I wasn't set up so I could move but next time I will be more mobile! Awesome morning in the woods.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Parked the van at 5:20, put on the gun rest and 20 ga and headed the 500 yards to my stand. Took my quad ass 10 minutes to get the decoys set up on the stakes I'd put out yesterday afternoon. In the blind at 5:50 and all set.

One started gobblin' 250 yards behind and down the bottom from me at 6:10. About 6:25 I did some soft tree yelps and a fly down. He gobbled hard until 6:30 then moved across the bottom towards me and up to my right 150 yards off. He went back and forth in that area, then back over the ridge around 9. I cut hard and at 9:15 and jake walked into the decoys but I let him walk. I heard gobblin in the distance until 11. Then two birds came in but neither got closer than 100 yards. I left at 12:15 and the one on the ridge was still hammering. I can't get back there for a few days but he won't be there if he's that much of a loudmouth. It's been a long time since I've heard gobblin' like that.

Today I wasn't set up so I could move but next time I will be more mobile! Awesome morning in the woods.
    sound like a fun morning you had

had 6 gobbling this morning but couldn't get them to come down to me so I told my cousin who was hunting with me to come around the top of the mountain and get on them took him bout 10 mins to have one down was his first time ever turkey hunting! but im heading out tomar for the weekend to try to get me one.

Well, I managed to get my second bird of the season on the April, 7th Wheelin Sportsmen hunt in Greene County Tn. I got stuck in mud and cow crap up to my axles going in and had to be pulled out with a 4 wheeler but we still managed to get set up before day light and I got this bird at 7:45. My DSD Jake decoy worked like a champ once again. Three long beards tried to beat him down so I made the odds a little better for my little buddy and took one out of the fight. I've attached a video of the kill and the long beards whooping up on my decoy. If you turn your sound up you can here how hard they were flogging it. Sorry the quality isn't that great, but we forgot the video camera and had to use a cell.

You are a turkey killin' machine! It also helps to be in the right spot, with the right caller

The same cold front blew thru here last night and shut the birds up. We had one of four hunters kill a bird this morning but gobblin' was limited at best.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein