Thread: So Who All Hunt??

is a speedgoat a pronghorn? never heard of a speedgoat. Im only guessing pronghorn antelope because I cant think of any other fast goat like creature living in north america.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    is a speedgoat a pronghorn? never heard of a speedgoat. Im only guessing pronghorn antelope because I cant think of any other fast goat like creature living in north america.
    yes that's what they are talking about lol

speed goats

Jody: That's what many call pronghorn great deducing!! Another intersting fact is they will not jump a fence can run like the wind & turn on a dime but when they are confronted with something they cannot crawl thru their stuck! We herded a bunch that got out of the national bison range here by using fences & bed sheets to funnel them back in with a helicopter crazy to watch..

Yep Jody, you're spot on.

It was opening day of bow season here in Virginia. I was up at 4:15 and sitting in the blind at 6:00. All I saw were two does around 7:30 at the far end of the field. I started to whack a crow at 9:30 but figured as soon as I did a fat doe would step out and me sitting there with an uncocked bow. My excitement of the morning was when I was nodding out, I heard something on top of the box blind. 30 seconds later a squirrel jumps in one window, onto the shelf, sees me jump, and bolts out the other window. Hopefully the stain will come out.

I'm heading back out this afternoon. The front is coming thru which should be good but the wind is really picking up. I'm taking my 10 y/o nephew and he gets to be the trigger man this afternoon!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Yep Jody, you're spot on.

It was opening day of bow season here in Virginia. I was up at 4:15 and sitting in the blind at 6:00. All I saw were two does around 7:30 at the far end of the field. I started to whack a crow at 9:30 but figured as soon as I did a fat doe would step out and me sitting there with an uncocked bow. My excitement of the morning was when I was nodding out, I heard something on top of the box blind. 30 seconds later a squirrel jumps in one window, onto the shelf, sees me jump, and bolts out the other window. Hopefully the stain will come out.

I'm heading back out this afternoon. The front is coming thru which should be good but the wind is really picking up. I'm taking my 10 y/o nephew and he gets to be the trigger man this afternoon!
    good luck to yall

good luck deadeye !!! I had a chance at a nice seven pointer wednesday and blew it. There is always next time, feels good to be back in the woods.

My buddy sent me this pic... One years worth of sheds from our friends farm. Has a whole tub full...

T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Nice RS!!!

I took my nephew 10 y/o Keaton out this evening in pursuit of his first deer. We were laid up comfortably in a big Penthouse blind. Finally about 6:45 2 does came in, first one at 45 yds then another from the right. She stopped at 27 angling towards us and he had the crosshairs on her wanting to pull the trigger on my xbow, but it just wasn't a clean shot. I held him back hoping she'd take 2 more steps.
    "Can I shoot, Can I shoot?"
    "Just two more steps buddy!".

As luck has it, 10 seconds later something from the east spooked her and they turned and walked off. So close. I felt bad about not letting him squeeze one off but I just wasn't comfortable with him shooting her at that angle, albeit a slight quartering to. Anyway, he's hooked and wants to know when I can take him again. I'm figuring I'll sacrifice my Monday afternoon and get him back out there since he has football practice Tue and Thurs.. Awesome afternoon!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

You're right Deadeye, there are now 12 less speed goats in WY. 12 hunters, 12 kills. It was an awesome time.

First day...sighting in guns

Then trap shooting...

Next day on to the hunt, Davids was 11 3/4" will make a nice new wall hanging.

Then off for some sight seeing.

Then we took advantage of being so close to Colorado we went on to visit Davids cousin and her "family"

and David got to do some target practice

We also went to visit the WY territorial prison, same place Butch Cassidy was held.

Glad to be back home though. Now its time to concentrate on IL Deer!