Page 11 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

So if I hadn't been playing hearts on my iPhone, I would of had a 140-150" 10 pointer. It had been raining off and on all day, so the leaves were soaked, so nothing made a sound as it went through the timber. He walked 20 yards from my blind, would of been the easiest shot ever....

Oh well, guess I'll see what comes by tomorrow night. I'd go in the morning, but no way my body will let me get up early enough, especially if I stay out late and drink a few or 10 beers..
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

our gun season open here next saturday here in mississippi but with beeping deer dogs hope they don't mess me up im ready to get out in the woods and do some hunting my green plots are looking good

How did your slug hunt go DeadEye or didn't you get a chance to shoot?

Yesterday I stayed out all day and didn't see any. This morning I came back around 9:00, didn't see any but there were prints in my tire tracks from when I went in. Last chance for gun season this evening!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Due to the high cost of ammunition there will be no warning shot!

Didn't see a thing all afternoon while slug hunting. Missed a doe around 8-8:30 Sat. morning at 250 yds shooting left-handed with the 243wssm but I wanted to hear it go boom!

One of our hunters took a nice little 6 pointer around 10. He was stoked!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Beautiful and nice size animal. Congrats!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

nice buck bet he was happy

Are you using a 3 inch rifled barrel on your Mossberg DE?

Only thing I saw yesterday was 2 does as I was going out the field road. They were laughing because the season is over but at least there is seed for next year. On the other hand there is still bow season left!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Are you using a 3 inch rifled barrel on your Mossberg DE?
    Yes OT. A full rifled barrel and can handle 2 3/4 or 3". I shot 3-4 different slugs and found that the 2 3/4" Winchester XP3 shoots the best. Holes were touching at 100yds. Hope to find out tomorrow how it does on live game instead if targets. We have a hunt at a state park tomorrow, loaded with deer. Unfortunately, they're calling for steady rain all day.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

The XP3 are Sabot's" Have you tried Hornady?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The XP3 are Sabot's" Have you tried Hornady?
    Yes, sabots are what you should shoot thru a rifled barrel. First ones I tired and they did shoot good, 3-4 inch group at 100, but not as good as the XP3. I could get them for the same price as the Hornady's so opted for the XP3.