Page 100 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1692

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by Isomaad View Post
    I went on our annual Wheelin Sportsmen hunt in Greeneville, TN today and had the most exciting turkey hunt I have ever been a part of. I've never been in such close proximity to so many Jakes and Toms strutting and gobbling their heads off. I was a wreck by the time it was over. I went from passing on a Jake, to wishing I hadn't , back to glad I did, then back to wishing I hadn't before ever getting a shot at giving this nice tom a dirt nap. Man, it took nearly two hours of hard work but it was worth it. My new Mossberg 930 has officially drawn it's first blood. My bird weighed 22lbs, had a 10.8 inch beard, one spur an inch and the other an inch and a quarter.
    Great job and nice bird. I'm jealous... I have 2 weeks and 2 days before our season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Awesome bird Johnny! I see my old buddy Billy(I think that's his name-2nd from left). Was Shane there? Did he help with the hunt?
    Thanks Deadeye, I appreciate it! You know, I'm not sure if Shane was there or not. One hunter and his guide didn't come in for lunch and we left before they got back. It's embarrassing to say, but I'm the worst person for remembering names. I've been going on this hunt for around 10 years and I know quite a few names but there are others that I know only by their faces. I need to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Great job and nice bird. I'm jealous... I have 2 weeks and 2 days before our season starts.
    Thanks Scott! Hopefully you can lay the smack down on a big fat long beard in a couple of weeks. How long does your season last? This was the second weekend of ours and we have until May 13th. I'd like to get another but I'm not going to be greedy. Hee! Hee!

Thanks Scott! Hopefully you can lay the smack down on a big fat long beard in a couple of weeks. How long does your season last? This was the second weekend of ours and we have until May 13th. I'd like to get another but I'm not going to be greedy. Hee! Hee!
    April 23 - May 19 here in WV. I have two places fairly near me where I can go so I plan to go as often as possible to get a least one... or two if lucky enough.

Damn Iso.....that is one nice bird!

You are getting it done.....

Yeah Scott, I'd like to get another one myself, but I'm a happy camper right now.

Thanks Graybeard, I appreciate it!

I went on our annual Wheelin Sportsmen hunt in Greeneville, TN today and had the most exciting turkey hunt I have ever been a part of. I've never been in such close proximity to so many Jakes and Toms strutting and gobbling their heads off. I was a wreck by the time it was over. I went from passing on a Jake, to wishing I hadn't , back to glad I did, then back to wishing I hadn't before ever getting a shot at giving this nice tom a dirt nap. Man, it took nearly two hours of hard work but it was worth it. My new Mossberg 930 has officially drawn it's first blood. My bird weighed 22lbs, had a 10.8 inch beard, one spur an inch and the other an inch and a quarter.

Wow great lineup of gobblers!

Yeah, it really is. We all had a pretty good day. Even the two guys who didn't kill had a good time and saw a few birds. The bird on the far left was a genuine limb hanger. He had some hooks that would make Freddie Kruger jealous.

Yeah, it really is. We all had a pretty good day. Even the two guys who didn't kill had a good time and saw a few birds. The bird on the far left was a genuine limb hanger. He had some hooks that would make Freddie Kruger jealous.
    Nice! Do you deep fry them or standard oven bake?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW4 View Post
    Nice! Do you deep fry them or standard oven bake?
    Most folks I know like to deep fry the breast, but my cousins wife does mine for me and she does it in a crock pot. It really turns out tender and tasty.