Thread: So Who All Hunt??

hunted yesterday didn't see nothing.... got one more weekend then ill be waiting on spring to get here to start fishing

Probably some repeat pics from earlier, but these are the originals. These guys survived hunting season, and hopefully will be bigger and better this coming fall..

T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Probably some repeat pics from earlier, but these are the originals. These guys survived hunting season, and hopefully will be bigger and better this coming fall..

T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_goodson View Post
    hunted yesterday didn't see nothing.... got one more weekend then ill be waiting on spring to get here to start fishing
    What, no ice fishing? lol Back on he farm in PA we got some snowshoe rabbit (actually hares) hunting in. They are bigger than rabbits and are white in the winter. They were hard to hunt down as they could see you long before you could see them in the snow. When successful hunting we had some real good eating. They are quite a bit bigger than cottontails. Any of you guys ever hunt them? They stick to the mountains and cold north for the most part.
    Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs.; 01-22-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Call me a wuss but I canceled out on my tundra swan and goose hunt planned for tomorrow. The temps are supposed to be in the low teens, accompanied with 15 mph winds, at sunrise and a high of 30 for the day. Sitting in an open field with nothing to block the wind, and I'd be miserable in 15 minutes. Too old, and too many broken bones to suffer thru that for a shot at a goose!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

WUSS!!! I have been ice fishing sitting in my chair with nothing blocking the wind for the last two weeks & all I have to show for it is a couple of meals. You look like you have a couple years on me so I will give you that HAHA Its nice to be outside. Have gotten a few rabbits for the freezer as well , thanks to my uncles cause I miss the damn things, cant swing on them like I used to be able too

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    WUSS!!! I have been ice fishing sitting in my chair with nothing blocking the wind for the last two weeks & all I have to show for it is a couple of meals. You look like you have a couple years on me so I will give you that HAHA Its nice to be outside. Have gotten a few rabbits for the freezer as well , thanks to my uncles cause I miss the damn things, cant swing on them like I used to be able too
    Show some mercy on this old man!!! I woke up at 6:00 and there was 2-3 inches of fresh snow on the ground and it was 14 degrees. I really would have loved to be out there but just way too cold for these old broken up bones. Looks like a great day for some deer and turkey hunting...............on TV!

I'd love to try rabbit hunting with some good beagles but like you, I'd never be able to hit one!

Ice fishing??? Civilized people still do that? For me that means picking up a package of Gortons fish sticks!

ETA: Disregard my above comment. I suddenly want to go ice fishing.
    Last edited by DeadEye; 01-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Ice fishing??? Civilized people still do that? For me that means picking up a package of Gortons fish sticks!

ETA: Disregard my above comment. I suddenly want to go ice fishing.
    I've never fished for ice but if that bunch invited me along I'd be willing to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post

dream bucks

DEadeye never said I was civilized !!! HAHA, probably why I do half of shit I do. I am not fortunate enough to have scenary like that where I ice fish or I would be willing to crawl through the snow to get out there !!! Actually when you have a good beagle the rabbits seem to stay a long way ahead of the dog just lolly gagging so I am able to shoot them right in the head with my 22 most of the time. My uncles dog wasnt running very good that day so we were just bustin brush. I am going to pick me up a beagle pup tonight actually. I will have a hunting buddy in no time. Does the cold seem to hurt your back alot worse ? It seems like my rods freeze & it makes for some serious pain. No pain no gain, I guess ? I still have to do the things I enjoy might just take a couple more pain pills!!