Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Bows are used for alligator hunting here. I bet you would enjoy getting a 14 footer.
    Awesome! I wander what alligator tastes like.. hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Keep away from my trout you young hooligan!
    lol! Never tried trout, or any fresh water fish for that matter. I've always enjoyed catching mackerel but there's not really any skill in that haha
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

We made it back, safe and sound. Camping was a blast. We tried fishing but never even got a bite, well thats not true, a crappy did bite just as I was pulling the hook out of the water but then it left and never came back. Tired now, gonna call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    We made it back, safe and sound. Camping was a blast. We tried fishing but never even got a bite, well thats not true, a crappy did bite just as I was pulling the hook out of the water but then it left and never came back. Tired now, gonna call it a night.
    glad yall had a good trip

Our opening day of dove season started Saturday here in Ga.........It was HOT! It was my 9 month old Chocolate Lab females first hunt and she done very well.........it was more about exposing her to the environment than anything but I sent her on three birds. She lost one in the high sorghum and brought back two. We put her up in the shade the rest of the day.

Im a proud "dad" and my trainer says she is gonna be one awesome duck and dove dog along with being a fine faithful companion

I shot about 20 times and killed 8. It was a fun day.

Nice Ryano. Pretty choc too. I hunted Sat and the birds flew high all day but I still kept shooting. Got three with these quad monkey hands but only found two. Still a fun day afield.

I have a 70 shooter hunt planned for this coming Friday at an historic old plantation in eastern Va. I'll have a bunch of pics from that and hopefully more birds on the ground too
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    I shot about 20 times and killed 8. It was a fun day.
    Great looking Lab, good shots to kill ratio!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I hunted Sat and the birds flew high all day but I still kept shooting. Got three with these quad monkey hands but only found two. Still a fun day afield.
    I'll add those to my list of believable excuses Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    I'll add those to my list of believable excuses Robin.
    That's like my buddy. I asked him how many he shot and said "well, I shot 3-4 but they fell in the river". I asked him if I could use that excuse even if I was 700 yards from the river

I'll have more excuses after Friday's hunt.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    That's like my buddy. I asked him how many he shot and said "well, I shot 3-4 but they fell in the river". I asked him if I could use that excuse even if I was 700 yards from the river

I'll have more excuses after Friday's hunt.
    It's amazing how far they glide if you hit 'em in the right place!

Have a good one on Friday.

Great hunting stories

I am new to this site, but I wanted to say it is great to hear about all your hunting stories and adventures.
    I have been working on designing a shooting system for disabled hunters and I am almost finished. I was an avid hunter before falling from a ladder in 2004 I am now a C3- 4- 5 quadriplegic. Last year I finally shot a turkey and a small 4pt buck. Great Times.

Please keep the great stories coming.