Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168
Results 1,671 to 1,678 of 1678

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

RSieck, Tennis shoes are smelly for deer hunting, even new they have a particular odor that is my experience alarms deer. I think we all have to admire their sense of smell. I had many many years ago a pair of soft soled high moccasins, that I used snow shoeing (back when I could do such things) I would give anything for a pair of them today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
    RSieck, Tennis shoes are smelly for deer hunting, even new they have a particular odor that is my experience alarms deer. I think we all have to admire their sense of smell. I had many many years ago a pair of soft soled high moccasins, that I used snow shoeing (back when I could do such things) I would give anything for a pair of them today.
    Haven't been out on stand in almost 2 years, but I really never have had much a problem with scent. Before I go back out, I'll have a good pair of boots specifically for hunting.. Need to build my outdoor chair first though.

Shotgun season is coming up in a couple of weeks, hope to put some nice ones on the ground this year. Our group killed 19 last year.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

This years buck

Here a picture of the buck I was able to harvest this year. I took the buck at the 14 annual handicap deer hunt that I helped organize the fall after my accident. This makes the 13 buck I have harvested at this hunt. I was the only hunter for the first three years but we now have five hunters which is the limit we can have and still have a safe hunt for those who attend
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Purdy buck Nevada!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

That buck looks like it has some real size to it.

Where were you hunting?

My mother has about 100 acres of hunting land for sale on the Numidahl Valley, Pembina River in NE North Dakota. If you know any interested hunters, I thought I'd pass it on.

Man!That's a big deer! How many lbs!

nothing like shooting a big old doe! Is there 2 or 3 deer in there?