Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Thanks Montana, bit steeper than I thought it would be. But may interest someone.

Got it Scott, thanks and good luck to you too!
    Mswife: My guess is They are going to put reducing the out of state permits back on the ballet soon, voters increased them in a sort of slight of hand move a few years back most voters thought they were curtailing guided hunt permits, but now all the permits are so expensive no one is applying ....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    You're welcome... good luck all.

http://bit.ly/Tabzya <- Crossbow contest link.
    i been signing up on every one i see posted on facebook for awhile not won yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_goodson View Post
    i been signing up on every one i see posted on facebook for awhile not won yet lol
    I enter almost every contest on the internet... I know the odds are low, but I have nothing better to do. lol
    Parker archery still has a monthly contest as well.
    http://parkerbows.com/giveawaynewxbow.html

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Deer Combination — General
    Montana nonresident fees
    Nonresidents applying for any other combination license may not apply. Includes a conservation, state lands, and general deer licenseand authorizes fishing and hunting of upland game birds, excluding turkey. 4,600 licensesavailable. [Learn more]

deadline to apply is March 15 SD

Resident Nonresident ** $561

Here what I found men kind of sad there is not a cost break for non resident handicap licenses like there is for resident ... If you apply for a landowner sponsored hunt the cost for deer/elk combo is cheaper.... Mt is talking about reducing the costs of nonresident tags there has been 1200 left over tags because no one is applying due to costs.
    Good grief. In SC a 3-year license with a big game permit is $42. Disabled get them free and there are discounts for military and seniors. !0 and 3 day permits are available for a few bucks. Non-resident is $225 for a year, $125 for a 10 day permit and $140 for 3 days. No break listed for non-resident disabled. Montana makes venison expensive. Here in some regions you can get up to 8 deer a year for that $42.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

got 2 of my plots planted today one in buck oaks and turnips and other in just buck oaks will post pics when they come up

You wanna know whats expensive.. try being a non resident and come to IA to hunt.. $544 for a any sex tag, and I think a doe tag...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

deer i shot on my first evening of the year not huge but i was just looking to put one on the ground...i killed it on a xmas tree farm we got hooked up to hunt on they put me in a great spot...got in the blind around 4 a doe come out at about 6 but she was 50 yards and i only had one shot so i didnt wanna shoot and have to set there over a hour with a un cocked crossbow so i passed on her hoping something would come closer about 10 min of shooting light left i saw a deer coming from my right into the food plot he fed to 40 yards and i knew it was now or never so i pulled the trigger he went 10 yards and plowed up i actually thought it was a doe i didnt even look at its head till my cousin went and dragged it out for me..

Gooder one Deel! Any deer from the ground for a disabled hunter is a trophy.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Pissed!

So I start to leave this afternoon to drive the 30 miles to where I was hunting. A buddy was letting me hunt his place but wasn't going to get there until late so I was going in by myself. I decided I'd cock my xbow before I left since I tend to make a racket cranking it at the back of my van. So I get everything set up and start cranking. I get it cranked back halfway and it starts slipping. Try again, same thing. Oh horse apples! I took the cover off but damn if I can find out what's wrong. Sooo, no hunting today and maybe the rest of the season depending on what I find out. I'm just hoping I can find someone that can fix the thing without me having to ship it to the factory!

The one thing I am glad about is that i decided to crank it here before driving all the way to the other end of the county.

This is what it looks like:

"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Gooder one Deel! Any deer from the ground for a disabled hunter is a trophy.
    man you got that right