Thread: So Who All Hunt??

I have been hunting the bike path near my house right before dark & been shootin the snot out of the rabbits. I average three per trip. This is my new hound Trigger. He is a miniture beagle his parents only weighed twenty pounds. Easy hunting , the rabbits just sit about twenty yrds or so off the path & I shoot them with my 410 or I have also used my 22 but it is usaully pretty thick where they are so I prefer my 410. Cant wait for april for turkey hiunting

Dang Allen, you must be covered up with them! That's a good looking pup too!

Wabbits taste great!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Thanks & yeah I am covered up I should of put a few more pics on here been pretty good lately. I am going to try ice fishing in the morning everybodys been doing pretty good lately. I am bringing my rig this time out the ice is plenty safe should make for some easier fishing. That beagle of mine is a 13 " & he wants to tear the rabbits up so he should do good in a few years . I debone the rabbits & shake & bake em just like pork chops & yeah they are damn good !!

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post

I have been hunting the bike path near my house right before dark & been shootin the snot out of the rabbits. I average three per trip. This is my new hound Trigger. He is a miniture beagle his parents only weighed twenty pounds. Easy hunting , the rabbits just sit about twenty yrds or so off the path & I shoot them with my 410 or I have also used my 22 but it is usaully pretty thick where they are so I prefer my 410. Cant wait for april for turkey hiunting
    congrats u got some good eating right there

Love Beagles and rabbits. My dad always had a great Beagle and I grew up hunting with them.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    I debone the rabbits & shake & bake em just like pork chops & yeah they are damn good !!
    We shoot them at about half grown and just use the saddle and main back leg muscles, it makes for great curries, stews and pies.

The adults we roast but they can be dry.

The older ones are great in spaghetti sauce (marinara). I also fix them in a sourcream and paprika gravy. And don't be eying my avatar! lol I priced domestic rabbits in a local supermarket last month. They had some imported from New Zealand for $17 per pound. (*&!#
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Love your little beagle

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Took a matched set of sheds my grandpa had found back in 2001 to the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. Took 5th place with a score of 145 2/8" typical. 1st place was 160". Friend of mine missed the top 5 by 2" with his buck he shot 2 years ago, 172", and another friend's shotgun season buck from last December went 195". Some incredible bucks this year. Think the top scoring buck that was brought in went 271"...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Took a matched set of sheds my grandpa had found back in 2001 to the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. Took 5th place with a score of 145 2/8" typical. 1st place was 160". Friend of mine missed the top 5 by 2" with his buck he shot 2 years ago, 172", and another friend's shotgun season buck from last December went 195". Some incredible bucks this year. Think the top scoring buck that was brought in went 271"...
    damn some big BOYS