Thread: So Who All Hunt??

saw one doe today about 515 was hoping buck behind her but wasn't

Do you have to get a doe before you can take a buck or how does your season work? Today was the last of bow season up here, I talked to a guy that was going out at 3:00. It was already -24 windchill then so I hope he had his longjons on.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Do you have to get a doe before you can take a buck or how does your season work? Today was the last of bow season up here, I talked to a guy that was going out at 3:00. It was already -24 windchill then so I hope he had his longjons on.
    here in mississippi you can kill a doe or buck a day 5does 3 bucks

saw a dang good buck about 430 today but mother @#$%^$@@#%^$ dogs was running it ran right beside me then here comes two dog you could here the hunter on the road near me with there load pipes just pisses me off

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty_goodson View Post
    saw a dang good buck about 430 today but mother @#$%^$@@#%^$ dogs was running it ran right beside me then here comes two dog you could here the hunter on the road near me with there load pipes just pisses me off
    Sux...
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Dusty, that's a common complaint here in VA. The still/stand hunters hate the dogs messing up their hunts and it has created a real divide among hunters. When I dog hunt, I enjoy it. Not nearly as much as I do stand hunting but it can be fun and exciting. The problem develops when doggers intentionally release their dogs beside others property just to run the deer of that persons land to them on the other side. It's going to come to a head here in Virginia sooner than the doggers want because landowners are tired of doggers ruining their hunts and running their land.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Hunted last night for the last hunt here in MI with no luck. There is a cut corn feild across the road & either the deer are on my side or over there and last night they were over there. Not a bad season an 8 point with my bow ( first one out of the buggy since I have been hurt ) , 5 point with my muzzleloader, and a great big doe with my muzzleloader. Now it is time for some coyotes, squirels, and bunnys. Good luck to whoever can still hunt and happy new years. Congrats on the doe Dusty got some meat in the freezer now the pressure is off

Dusty, you guys can take a lot of deer per season, too bad about the dogs.

I am glad deer dog hunting is not allowed in MN. A lot of people take their dogs pheasant hunting to push deer but the DNR is pretty strict and you better not have a slug on your possession in the field. It is written in the rule book to shoot dogs chasing deer. Serious pheasant hunters don't go out during deer season for that reason. I wish our deer season would last longer, it easily could as many hunters only go out the first and last day. I think about it every time I see road kill.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

yea dog hunting suck here they get to run them first of our gun season and our last gun season

My deer season is done. We had our Wheelin' hunt yesterday and I got two does right at last light. I slept in this morning because yesterday beat me up pretty bad being outside in 25-40 temps. I got in the blind about 2 and shot a nice doe for MY freezer around 3:30. Not a bad year and hate to see it end. 1 8 pt, 5 does, and 2 button bucks.

Here are the beagles from the hunt club on the adjoining property. My doe can be seen 15 feet on the other side of the fence.

"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein