Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    My deer season is done. We had our Wheelin' hunt yesterday and I got two does right at last light. I slept in this morning because yesterday beat me up pretty bad being outside in 25-40 temps. I got in the blind about 2 and shot a nice doe for MY freezer around 3:30. Not a bad year and hate to see it end. 1 8 pt, 5 does, and 2 button bucks.

Here are the beagles from the hunt club on the adjoining property. My doe can be seen 15 feet on the other side of the fence.

you had a great season

saw a lil 4 or 6 point prolly sameone i been seeing this afternoon

Hi DeadEye did you ever try the YUKON Traditions 50 cal Powder rifle ?

The Scope Sight is very big too bulky for me so i'll install the simple sight

I never fired it but I heard a teen shooting one and the rifle was so loud lol . Very Loud .

A good big doe would be good eating .... I use golfcart hunting / bank fishing
    Last edited by GL; 01-07-2013 at 06:02 AM.

hunted yesterday didn't see nothing... will try again sat and sun sat high 72 sun 52 fri 73 crazy a** weather

hunted today didn't see nothing was 75 here today HOTTTTTTTTTTTT

We went out today too, it was 64 setting up the blind this a.m. but by this evening when we pulled out it had already dropped to 34, rain snow mixture. Yuck. Didn't see anything either except a couple of people on a nature walk. It was funny one kid kept thinking our blind was a airplane cockpit until he got closer and then he quickly and quietly walked away

You all hunting the city parks now?

Wish it was warm here. It is zero now at mid day with windchill of -17. All I'm hunting the source of heat!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    We went out today too, it was 64 setting up the blind this a.m. but by this evening when we pulled out it had already dropped to 34, rain snow mixture. Yuck. Didn't see anything either except a couple of people on a nature walk. It was funny one kid kept thinking our blind was a airplane cockpit until he got closer and then he quickly and quietly walked away
    lol i bet that was funny

didn't get to hunt yesterday bc of rain got two more weekends to hunt hope they are good days no rainnnnnnnnnnnn

A friend of mine, who's nickname is Cut, had helped us on a Wheelin' spring gobbler hunt in April and at the time offered to take any of our hunters that happened to draw a tundra swan tag. I sent Cut's offer out to our hunters and told them if any were lucky enough to draw a tag, to contact me and I'd get in touch with Cut to get the hunt set up. As it turns out, the hunter that called me saying he'd drawn a tag was completely blind. He had deer hunted with us numerous times before and had killed 3 deer this year. He's able to shoot with a spotter/aide looking over his right shoulder.

Although Chuck is completely blind, he said he wanted to have the experience of such a hunt. I drove the hour and 45 mins to the little diner where we met at 5:30 and we headed to the property 10 miles away. Chuck was able to walk out thru the cut corn field stubble with 3" of newly planted rye. Luckily it was dry enough for me to roll the distance too.

Cut and Chuck's helper set up 35-40 swan decoys and then another 20 goose dekes on the opposite side of the blind. We had a single tundra come in around 8, and a few geese shortly thereafter but no shots. We saw a total of 5 tundras, and 2-3 thousand geese, all but a hand-full were 1/2 mile away at the river. At 9:45 a single tundra came in and offered me a shot. After sitting 3+ hours in a chilly damp blind, when I shouldered the gun to shoot, my leg and back spasms went nuts. I quickly tried to get myself straight and fired off one shot, a swing and a miss. That was our action for the day. Chuck however had a blast just hearing the tundras fly over, their calls and the sound of their wings. Not to mention the sound of 2-3000 geese in the distance. A great morning in the blind.

This was quite a challenge as you can clearly understand. It was a great experience for Chuck, Cut and myself.

Our setup at sunrise.

Me, Cut and Chuck.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein