Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156157158159160161162163164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

That's great 55! God bless the young lady and her dad, what a team.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Due to the high cost of ammunition there will be no warning shot!

I got my first deer and biggest one the first year I went which was 11/7/64. Only missed 2 seasons since then and have been SCI over 44 yrs. This year got cut short, it snowed 16 inches after the second day (which was yesterday) so I'm all bummed out. Can't get to a stand with 2-3 foot drifts and can't shoot (legally) from a road, besides that it is colder than crap. Good luck everybody!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Oldtimer, you are going to get a thaw up there. The way that cold stuff appears to be going may limit hunting to Key West. lol A nephew got a nice 8 pointer in TN last Saturday with a muzzle loader. He is a serious hunter and fisherman. He has hunted and fished from Alaska to the Carribean. He has every high tech hunting gizmo made.

My season has been less than spectacular thus far but I turned my season around this week. On Veteran's Day we had a Wheelin' Sportsmen hunt in the mountains of Nelson County, and I was fortunate enough to harvest my first bear during the afternoon hunt. Not a huge bear but a trophy for me. I'm really anxious to try the meat and he'll make a fine rug.

The following morning on another WS hunt, I was sitting in the middle of a road thru the oaks at the crest of a hill. 150 yd shot each direction. At 6:45 I hit my can call twice then followed with 4-5 grunts. Less than a minute later he stuck his head out of the brush at the edge of the road to my left at 110-120 yds, I turned my chair and he took another halfstep. I saw his rack and shot.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Good shooting Robin! That bear scare anything out of you, LOL? Red meat on the bear and on the sweet side but still good. Is that a weight on the front of your stock? With all the snow and cold my hunting is done for this year, what a bummer.

Thats a nice 8pt! Good job!!
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good shooting Robin! That bear scare anything out of you, LOL? Red meat on the bear and on the sweet side but still good. Is that a weight on the front of your stock? With all the snow and cold my hunting is done for this year, what a bummer.
    Thanks OT. The bear was 125 yards out so no fear. No, that's a small loop sling a buddy made for me. It's just big enough for me to loop my hand thru and pick my ML up when I'm reloading. Full slings tend to get in my way so I tried this and like it. Will probably get him to make a couple more for my other regular shooters. It's made with paracord.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

two great kills Robin! i think you shot one of the Goldilocks story bears.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Thanks OT. The bear was 125 yards out so no fear. No, that's a small loop sling a buddy made for me. It's just big enough for me to loop my hand thru and pick my ML up when I'm reloading. Full slings tend to get in my way so I tried this and like it. Will probably get him to make a couple more for my other regular shooters. It's made with paracord.
    The expression on your face had me thinking that maybe you were sitting in something, not good Somebody arrowed a bear up here one Sept. evening, went back the next morning to look for it and it nearly mauled him to death, of course he didn't have a side arm along....Your loop makes sense, I attached one to the pump on a 12 ga. to put my wrist through. Thought maybe it being a weight to lighten up the kick. Knock some more down!