Thread: So Who All Hunt??

Boiling the head right now. Hope to have it bleached by Sunday, then I can look at him every day.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Here he is.. or whats left. He had a puncture wound in front of his left eye. It was all infected, and above his eye was full of puss. Must of gotten injured during a fight during rut. 3.5 year old. Would of been really nice next year had he survived. He wouldn't of made it another day if I hadn't gotten him.

His g2 on his left side is ~12" long. Don't know what he'll score, I'm thinking in the 140's?

congrats man

My goal for the 2012 season was to get my 10 y/o nephew Keaton his first deer. I didn't care if I killed a single deer as long as I got him his first. He was dying to shoot one. We got in the blind late, almost 4:00 and got settled. I had him sight objects at different distances out in the field and told him to practice holding the crosshairs steady. We'd been there 15-20 minutes and a doe stepped out below us at 90 yards. She walked thru the clearing and by the time she stopped she was in the tall broomsage. I had him get ready and he could see her thru the grass but I told him to wait until she came to the next little opening for a clear shot. A minute later this one stepped out and started eating in the open, offering a clear shot. I got him to get lined up and flick the safety off. I told him to take his time, be sure he had the crosshairs on it and squeeze the trigger when he was ready.

I could tell from his breathing and the gun moving that he was nervous so I told him to take a deep breathe, relax and shoot when he felt good. A few seconds went by and he said "I'm gonna shoot him". I told him to go ahead, and BOOM. He was quartering away slightly and it went in behind his right shoulder and came out dead center of his left. Dropped him in his tracks. One proud uncle!!

"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Awesome!!! Congrats Uncle Deadeye! Congrats to the young man too!

DE, your nephew has a pretty good uncle. No matter what happens in life, 10 year Keaton will remember this day! Good for him!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    My goal for the 2012 season was to get my 10 y/o nephew Keaton his first deer. I didn't care if I killed a single deer as long as I got him his first. He was dying to shoot one. We got in the blind late, almost 4:00 and got settled. I had him sight objects at different distances out in the field and told him to practice holding the crosshairs steady. We'd been there 15-20 minutes and a doe stepped out below us at 90 yards. She walked thru the clearing and by the time she stopped she was in the tall broomsage. I had him get ready and he could see her thru the grass but I told him to wait until she came to the next little opening for a clear shot. A minute later this one stepped out and started eating in the open, offering a clear shot. I got him to get lined up and flick the safety off. I told him to take his time, be sure he had the crosshairs on it and squeeze the trigger when he was ready.

I could tell from his breathing and the gun moving that he was nervous so I told him to take a deep breathe, relax and shoot when he felt good. A few seconds went by and he said "I'm gonna shoot him". I told him to go ahead, and BOOM. He was quartering away slightly and it went in behind his right shoulder and came out dead center of his left. Dropped him in his tracks. One proud uncle!!

congrats to yall

hunt number 7 still not seen no deer was high 73 tomorrow 75 crazy weather

Dusty, sounds like you're running a streak of bad luck. Are you hunting public land or private? What type of land is it, woods, grass, swamp, brush, cattails, open field, other? Have any deer been harvested this season within a one mile radius of your spot? Is there a water source close by? Anybody live nearby with running dogs? Any signs at all of deer around? We have to find you something before the season is closed!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

well guys this weekend was the end of our rifle season and I went on one of our wheelin sportsman hunts here in va and killed this doe...it was one of our slower years on this hunt to hot full moon and to many acorns but we still managed to kill 6 so cant complain.

Good deal Deel! I expected better from you hunting out of my old blind

So who killed deer on the hunt?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein