Thread: So Who All Hunt??

hahaha then you never did come back cant hang with us can you?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Stay after it Dusty. You can't shoot 'em on the sofa. I rolled into the love Shack about 3:30 this afteernoon and immediately spotted a doe 180 yards off. Within 5-6 mins, 3 more came out and started a slow move towards me. The big momma doe was nervous the whole time leading the way. When she got to 130 yards, she started stomping her feet and looking down the trail I came into the filed on. 10 mins went by and they inched closer. Finally after seeing her stomp and listening to her blow, I'd had enough and said to myself that she needed to stop edumacated the young ones with her. Double lunged her at roughly 100 yards.

congrats on the doe

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    Good job deadeye. I shot a 5 point in shiawasee. Not what I expected to shoot there but that blue tounge disease hit the area pretty hard. The first 11 hour hunt I did not see a single deer. Also it was the first time ever that there wasnt a deer shot in the morning. The next day I switched blinds and I was able to shoot this buck at 150 yrds with my muzzleloader, with 12 minutes left of shooting time. Dropped him in his tracks, neck shot. I aim for the shoulders like you do also but my mark was a little off. Anyways there was no need to track for the tracking team!!!!
    congrats

Here he is.. or whats left. He had a puncture wound in front of his left eye. It was all infected, and above his eye was full of puss. Must of gotten injured during a fight during rut. 3.5 year old. Would of been really nice next year had he survived. He wouldn't of made it another day if I hadn't gotten him.

His g2 on his left side is ~12" long. Don't know what he'll score, I'm thinking in the 140's?

T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by deel90 View Post
    hahaha then you never did come back cant hang with us can you?
    They said I wasn't welcome back because I killed more than my share!

If I came to that hunt, I'd just be cutting somebody out that doesn't hunt as much as I do. I'd love to come back down and one year I will. You guys have a great hunt!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Here he is.. or whats left. He had a puncture wound in front of his left eye. It was all infected, and above his eye was full of puss. Must of gotten injured during a fight during rut. 3.5 year old. Would of been really nice next year had he survived. He wouldn't of made it another day if I hadn't gotten him.

His g2 on his left side is ~12" long. Don't know what he'll score, I'm thinking in the 140's?
    Oh yeah, he's a nice one RS. Amazing story. He must have known it was better to die quickly by you, rather than the slow painful death he was facing.

Or maybe he was just drunk when you shot him???
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

He was ready to die. He didn't even take a step after me driving my powerchair through 4' tall grass and brush making a huge racket. Had to throw a stick at him to get him to turn even as there was a big log in my way for me to get a good shot... lol
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

He was ready to die. He didn't even take a step after me driving my powerchair through 4' tall grass and brush making a huge racket. Had to throw a stick at him to get him to turn even as there was a big log in my way for me to get a good shot... lol
    Come on, tell the truth. You're a ninja and snuck right up on him!

Tell you the truth I belly crawled 100 yards to him, and climbed a tree, where I then jumped/fell out on top of him with my knife in hand and proceeded to cut his throat.. Then I cut out his heart and took a bite! lol

Thats my new story!
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Tell you the truth I belly crawled 100 yards to him, and climbed a tree, where I then jumped/fell out on top of him with my knife in hand and proceeded to cut his throat.. Then I cut out his heart and took a bite! lol

Thats my new story!
    Yep, I knew it we put some pressure on you, you'd break. Good sneak!

People don't understand how cruel nature can be at times, between starvation, predators, etc.