Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152153154155156157158159160161162
Results 1,611 to 1,619 of 1619

Thread: So Who All Hunt??

My husband got a antelope in WY too, I wish he would get a deer or even a turkey. Keeps trying but so far no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    My husband got a antelope in WY too, I wish he would get a deer or even a turkey. Keeps trying but so far no luck.
    Isn't this the man that shot TWO big gobblers in ONE shot down in SC?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

RSeick
    Was suprised to see you didnt put a monster down this hunting season with all those pics you had of bruisers & I hear ya about the winter it was BRUTAL for sure. Better luck next year

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Isn't this the man that shot TWO big gobblers in ONE shot down in SC?
    LOL....as soon as I hit post I remembered that! We just ended our turkey season here and didn't even see any. But yes if it wasn't for NWTF he would be throwing the towel in too.

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    RSeick
    Was suprised to see you didnt put a monster down this hunting season with all those pics you had of bruisers & I hear ya about the winter it was BRUTAL for sure. Better luck next year
    Had I even saw him, he would of been down. Guess a neighbor 3/4 mile away had him at 30 yards with a bow, but he was behind to much brush. I think he went nocturnal as all the pics we got of him in the fall were at like 1-2am for every pic, even during rut.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Had I even saw him, he would of been down. Guess a neighbor 3/4 mile away had him at 30 yards with a bow, but he was behind to much brush. I think he went nocturnal as all the pics we got of him in the fall were at like 1-2am for every pic, even during rut.
    They don't get that big by being dumb. About the only chance at these big boys is when they're girl crazy during the rut. At least you're in an area where the really big deer exist.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I've had 200" deer on camera the past 2 years, 2 different 200" deer...lol
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Shot a nice buck with a compound bow in 2000. Was standing in a hole behind an old fallen tree and had watched him pass by for two previous evenings out of range. Tried to pull him up in the garage with a simple pulley and when I stopped struggling, he lifted me off the ground when the boy hit the floor. Hurt my hands. I was close to 215 at the time and I had gutted him over the hill from the school before pulling it downhill to the truck. Could not lift it onto the tailgate but luckily found old sheet of plywood by a hunting camp. Got boo-coo ground meat and many pounds of summer sausage which I gave away because there was too much for us to eat. Cost me almost $100 at Sluggo's Market to have everything done.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

What type of gun rest are you using Isomaad?