Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am refusing!

I am refusing!

I have been in the market to purchase my third wheelchair and I will be almost 5 years post soon. It was so excruciating and exhausting trying to figure out my third chair. Another big issue was the "name of the wheelchair" company on the chair that I refuse to have. I will never ever be sponsored nor want to be sponsored by a wheelchair company for a free chair because I don't believe in wheelchairs at all!!

As a matter of fact, today I decided that tomorrow I am going to not leave my bed ever again unless I am walking and using my leg braces. I am also getting new leg braces made for me that I am waiting for.

Maybe if we all did this, we can get a cure faster! I just refuse to use my chair anymore people and I am really going to try to get rid of it and just walk with braces. Does anyone feel my sympathy and please share your leg braces stories. I just hate the chair and am so over it!!

Thanks.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

while I am one lucky enough to be able to use leg braces, some are not. I must say though on the rare occasions that I use a chair, it is cool not being the slow one. and the absense of pain while moving forward is sometimes cool too. Good luck on giving the chair the boot. I hope it works out for you.

I would definitely though be interested in being sponsored by a leg brace company- That I would say YES to.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    while I am one lucky enough to be able to use leg braces, some are not. I must say though on the rare occasions that I use a chair, it is cool not being the slow one. and the absense of pain while moving forward is sometimes cool too. Good luck on giving the chair the boot. I hope it works out for you.
    Thanks Jody. What level are you? I wouldn't mind being slow. I stand at least 2 hours a day also. I don't get dizzy walking. It is very slow and with a walker. I just think its better than the chair.

Yea did the same and went right back to my chair after 2 weeks. lol.

It was cool at first, but when waking up to go take a piss at 3am feels like I ran the 100, I pretty much said the hell with it. Don't get me wrong, I use my crutches every day but I know when it's time to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    Yea did the same and went right back to my chair after 2 weeks. lol.

It was cool at first, but when waking up to go take a piss at 3am feels like I ran the 100, I pretty much said the hell with it. Don't get me wrong, I use my crutches every day but I know when it's time to sit.
    That 3am piss trip to the bathroom is what did me in too.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    Thanks Jody. What level are you? I wouldn't mind being slow. I stand at least 2 hours a day also. I don't get dizzy walking. It is very slow and with a walker. I just think its better than the chair.
    I have several contributing factors in my situation. an incomplete injury at L5s1, and degeneration accompanied now by arthritis. My diagnosis is cauda equina syndrome though. I do get the spins sometimes, but spend a lot of time on my feet. I like using my trike which I used to use to get around town before I moved. eventually your shoulders will go from the crutches, and hauling yourself around with your arms. then pushing a chair will suck even more than it does now, so be careful of your shoulder joints.
    Last edited by jody; 09-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.

I am taking all these comments into consideration. I have a very worthy prosthetic genius coupled with an engineer and my therapist making something for me now.

I hope it is something that works.

And I dont use the restroom thru the night so.....I am ok there. I can go 13 -15 hours luckily enough on my Ditropan thru the night.

I def don't want to hurt my arms. I think its mental though also.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    because I don't believe in wheelchairs at all!!

As a matter of fact, today I decided that tomorrow I am going to not leave my bed ever again unless I am walking and using my leg braces. I am also getting new leg braces made for me that I am waiting for.

Maybe if we all did this, we can get a cure faster! I just refuse to use my chair anymore people and I am really going to try to get rid of it and just walk with braces. Does anyone feel my sympathy and please share your leg braces stories. I just hate the chair and am so over it!!

Thanks.
    ok for you. what about those of us w/no choice? those with jobs and kids? aren't you being a bit naive? btw, you don't have to have the name of the company on your chr or be sponsored by them. i'd think 3 chairs in 5 yrs, you'd know that.
    Last edited by cass; 09-22-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    ok for you. what about those of us w/no choice? those with jobs and kids? aren't you being a bit naive? btw, you don't have to have the name of the company on your chr or be sponsored by them. i'd think 3 chairs in 5 yrs, you'd know that.
    LOL- always got to be a hater somewhere. Your obviously missing the point. This is for people who understand what I am saying not to bash down what I am saying because they hate themselves.