Thread: The Event (just for fun)

The Event (just for fun)

Did anyone else watch this show? What do you think is going on? Just for fun...

I think it is another Philadelphia Experiment. At first I thought they were aliens, but then that "window" thingy opened up at the end and swallowed the plane, I thought that they were using the philadelphia experiment premise.

I think that the ship that supposedly disappeared for several hours (in real life?) and supposedly returned with people embedded in the deck will appear in the present day or something like that and that that is the event that the show is named for.

Can you imagine if something like that were true? The conspiracy theorists/nuts being right all along and time travel were really possible? It would be something worth killing to maintain a secret like that. How would the world feel if they found out that they had been manipulated by a secret faction in the government for the past 60 years so that we could thrive and the rest of the world is left to hang? How would you feel being one of the other than 5% of the population making do with a paltry 15 % of the countries wealth...oh, wait a minute, we are.

If this turns out to be the truth of this show, then I'm going to be pissed off royally. I had thought about writing a book loosely based on the thoughts above and have actually written an outline a few years ago.

What are your ideas?
    Last edited by skippy13; 09-21-2010 at 04:40 AM.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

I saw Lost mixed with 24. I hate the 'Eleven Hours Earlier' and then the 'Seven Days Earlier,' but I have been looking forward to this show, so I'm willing to give it a few more weeks.

The back and forthing gave me a a headache. I thought it was unnecessary. I hope they don't do this for the entire season because they will find viewers defecting quickly. I'll give it a couple of weeks myself as I love me some good action (i.e. 24).

I guess I am just desperate for a TV show that will engage me unlike other shows of similar construction like Lost, and Flashforward. I have looked forward to the commencement of this show with a pathetic sort of excitement.

If they hadn't given us a sneak peek into the plot with the opening of the window and the swallowing of the plane I too would have said it will be all over in one season or less. That teaser was just too good.

I don't like it when books or shows do the flipping back and forth in time thing either Wheelieboy, but it may be the only tool the writers had to show how these people are relevant to the eventual conclusion of the show. In other words, how they all came to be involved in the attempt to crash a jetliner into the president and why. Cheap tactic and confusing for many to be sure. I don't like to feel that I must take notes lol.

I did like the show overall, but the introduction is over, now they better step it up on revealing a bit more of the plot and cool it on the flipping back and forth so much unless it turns out to be as I have previously speculated, an integral part of the plot.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

The show reminded me a bit of FlashForward. I followed that one for a while before it lost me......made it all the way through Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I saw Lost mixed with 24. I hate the 'Eleven Hours Earlier' and then the 'Seven Days Earlier,' but I have been looking forward to this show, so I'm willing to give it a few more weeks.
    You said it Sister!

I was eagerly awaiting this show too. 10 minutes into it, a phone call took me away from the tv. Instead of watching the rest, (I figured i'd be lost with all the back/forth) I watched Football.