Thread: Ab workout

Ab workout

I am a level L1 and was wondering what type of ab rountin that I am able to do to build these things up gain. I can move one leg or I should say move quad/hamstring to do leg lifts but cant really do full sit ups or anything like that. I use the machine at the gym for abs but it doesnt feel like its doing anything.
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I had a lot of success with isometric contraction of the abs. Here is what I did:
    lie on floor. Grab a 10 lb or a 15 or a 20 lb dumbell with both hands and hold it up over your face, now move it above your head and to just above the floor. This will trigger a massive abd contraction. Then move the weight and move it from side to side without moving your trunk. This too will cause a contraction of your abs to hold your trunk in neutral as you move this weight. And this is exactly what you want to train your abs for, to stabilize and keep you in neutral spine position. I would do this for 5 minutes a day and slowly increase the weight. Just don't drop the weight on yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    I had a lot of success with isometric contraction of the abs. Here is what I did:
    lie on floor. Grab a 10 lb or a 15 or a 20 lb dumbell with both hands and hold it up over your face, now move it above your head and to just above the floor. This will trigger a massive abd contraction. Then move the weight and move it from side to side without moving your trunk. This too will cause a contraction of your abs to hold your trunk in neutral as you move this weight. And this is exactly what you want to train your abs for, to stabilize and keep you in neutral spine position. I would do this for 5 minutes a day and slowly increase the weight. Just don't drop the weight on yourself!

Thanks for the info I will try that tomorrow and see how it does.
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger