Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abdominal problem

Angry Abdominal problem

I am a t-5 paraplegic two years now and I am having a serious problem with my bowels.I am always feeling bloated and everytime they take a x-ray of my abdomen I have alat of poop in my intestines.I do my bowel program everyday and I take colase and miralax and I drink plenty of water and I poop like a normal person everytime I do my bowel but I am always still full of poop in my higher intestines. Eny advice

More fibre
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

same thing happens to me, but i have gastroparesis... i will watch this thread closely to see what the nurse and others will say. sorry cubanito , i am no help, just another sufferer, lol, but i emphatize!

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Cubanito-
    You don't say what your diet, fluid intake or bowel program consists of. It would be helpful to have more information, including whether or not you get up for your bowel program and what other medications you are on. Then, maybe I can make some appropriate recommendations.

CKF

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Cubanito-
    You don't say what your diet, fluid intake or bowel program consists of. It would be helpful to have more information, including whether or not you get up for your bowel program and what other medications you are on. Then, maybe I can make some appropriate recommendations.

CKF
    Hi nurse my dieat its regular I eat cereal in the morning then I eat a subway in the afteernoon with ham and cheese also I eat white meat like chicken,fish I dont eat meat.I drink about 8 bottles of water daily.I dont take medecine the only medecine I take its stool softer and miralax. I do my bowel program In a commode wheelchair I use two suppositorys the magic bullet.I tryed gas x and all gas medecation over the counter and nothing takes my bloating aways

where is ur fiber?
    bananas oranges greens?
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Stay away from breads for awhile, also eat smaller meals more often rather then fewer large meals. Subs can be very heavy on the digestion.
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Lorrie is right on the breads. They will really fill your bowels up. Try eating some zone bars and cut your calories down to ten per body weight. Also try taking a senokot one or two. It will help you out. Good luck.

I do citrucel, it helps with fiber and gets things moving.

Totally agree with the above advice. Also, try staying away from cheese for a little bit - it definitely is constipating for many people and also not so good for the cholesterol. Senekot is a good option. It generally takes 12 hours to work - so if you are doing your bowel program in the evening, take it in the morning and if you are doing it in the morning, take it in the evening. You need to make sure that you are as active as you can be and also drink 2 liters of fluid a day.

CKF