Thread: Lots of blood after peeing, but then nothing

Question Lots of blood after peeing, but then nothing

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so feel free to move it to a different one if needed...

Yesterday I was in the bathroom trying to pick up the catheter I dropped on the floor and when I leaned over I somehow managed to trap one of my arms between my stomach and legs (don't even ask how I did this... I was just trying to catch the catheter before it hit the floor!)

Anyway, as I tugged on my arm to try to free it I must have pushed too hard on my stomach or it could have been caused by all the movement of trying to pull my arm free, but my bladder spasmed and I started to pee.

I didn't mind it because I was already on the toilet, but when I was done there was a LOT of blood on the toilet paper! Now, my periods were never regular so I wiped three of four times thinking it started while I was sleeping (I had just gotten up). There was a lot of blood (my periods usually start off pretty lightly. All of a sudden there was none left (I hope this is not too much information...) and I thought that was a little strange but still figured it was my period and went about my day.

I had a tiny bit of blood on the catheter the next time I went to the bathroom, but nothing since. I mean not even t tiny bit.

I'm wondering where this blood came from?

When I was in the hospital after my sci my urine had the consistency and colour of ketchup and an ultrasound revealed a softball sized blood clot in my bladder! I was allergic to latex and no one (including myself) knew until then (although I did have a rash all the way along the catheter up the inside of my thigh and was bleeding etc.)...

I'm worried that something is going on, but I can't think of what it could be...

The back of my neck and around my ears feel a bit hotter and sweatier than usual, but I don't feel like I'm sick or have a fever or anything. I also can't judge anything by my spasms anymore because they are so out of control anyway.

Has anyone had this happen before? Should I be worried?

Not sure. The description you give about the sweat around your neck/heads sounds like mild AD though.

maybe you should see your urologist if it persists.