Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tilite TR received

I am more intrigued by the ghost foot than the chair...

Please explain how that happened...LOL
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

@Toto : the only 1.5" tilite have is the composite poly casters...i dont think they last long...

@hype : ah...credit to you.i think my chair has the same measurement as yours, if i use the 24" wheel right?a perfect fit for you...^_^ tell me when u're selling yours...u already got a potential buyer... p/s : it's because of the slow shutter set on my camera, makes moving object seems to move fast, therefore leaving a 'dead-man-walking' behind...

and credit to SCI_OTR and Brianm too!!!

Does anyone have a rigid backrest for sale? 15" low....
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    @Toto : the only 1.5" tilite have is the composite poly casters...i dont think they last long...

yeah, but the wide fork come with them.

@hype : ah...credit to you.i think my chair has the same measurement as yours, if i use the 24" wheel right?a perfect fit for you...^_^ tell me when u're selling yours...u already got a potential buyer... p/s : it's because of the slow shutter set on my camera, makes moving object seems to move fast, therefore leaving a 'dead-man-walking' behind...
    ICIC...thanks for the explain, haha

Forgot to say grats on the new ride! Looking sweet with those brakes. I'm looking at getting disk brakes as well. My chair is actually 16" depth.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Yeah...i know how many tilite's thread is here already, but i know how all of you love wheelchairs too! ^_^

And so, here is my tilite TR.received it for 2 weeks now with the below specs.

Seat : 15" width x 15" depth
    STF : 15.5" rear/19" front
    13" adjustable backrest
    17" seat to footrest (adjusted to 16")
    3.5" COG (adjusted to 3.0")
    1.5" seat tapered (3" total)
    V-front end to 10" footrest
    2 degree camber
    4" x 1" aluminum poly
    25" sun fusion db series/kenda tires
    85 degree front end
    ADI disc brake
    fold-in sideguard
    seat adjustable by straps
    open loop footrest
    polished titanium/green anodized

What i like about the chair :
    I previously use a 18x17 tilite XC, so going to a much smaller wheelchair do need some transition to get used to it.not to mention going from a folder to a rigid is a little odd...bad in some ways...i think...but some were made into advantage, and no doubt rigid is better...better fit means better ride.central hub lock is a big advantage, where the additional weight is negligible...going from 3" micro caster to 4" aluminum poly does give significant difference in ride smoothness...wonder how a 1.5" soft-rolls will do.

Things that made me disappointed :
    It's not that significantly easier to push compared to my TiLite XC. since i joined this forum, i had a new mindset that rigid is significantly easier to push, but in reality, it doesnt differ that much...at least to my XC. maybe natural fit is a factor. but i really feel like my stamina isnt wasted...i had trouble with the brake at first, because the brake didnt align well, but sent it to local bike shop and problem solved...

Things that i'm going to alter :
    I may change the tire to 24" and reduce the overall height another 1/2" and change the caster to a 1.5", which might need a new fork...i miss my natural fit on my XC.for now it stays on my XC until i get a new 24" wheel...

Is it worth the buy?
    I guess...but still thinking if there is any better ride out there (which is affordable...)...but i do love it...^_^ the chair is like the center of attention...everybody praised it...some are envious...and what's most important, i look good in it!!

p/s : sorry for the blurry pic. my hand isnt the photographer's type...
    ohhh....I miss the bid....
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62 View Post
    ICIC...thanks for the explain, haha

Forgot to say grats on the new ride! Looking sweet with those brakes. I'm looking at getting disk brakes as well. My chair is actually 16" depth.
    i know.actually this one is 15"x15"+1...^_^ that's why it fits a 16x16 stimulite...a bit oversized by width, but fits perfectly on depth...(see picture)
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Hi Nia,

Congrat's on your new chair and welcome to the TR club!

As with others, I'd love to see a picture of you in the chair, if you ever get a chance.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Hi Nia,

Congrat's on your new chair and welcome to the TR club!

As with others, I'd love to see a picture of you in the chair, if you ever get a chance.
    YEA me too
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Nice chair, I wish you good time with it

I dig the disk brakes. I'm curious though - can you use wheels that are not fitted with the hub? If you wanted to keep a spare set of knobby tires mounted on your backup wheels, for example. Would they also need the ADI hub mounted on them in order to attach to a chair with ADI brakes?