Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US v Europe Wheelchair pricing.

Can you only get the Panthera? We can choose between the Küshall and the Quickie, too. But only the usual kind, a sport chair is out of the question. It is costing about 10 000 dollars and I always wonder who has money to buy one.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
    Mini-rant time

I've been pricing out my new wheelchair and thought that I should compare the prices (excluding delivery) between where I live, Sweden and the US & UK:

What chair you want?

It's relatively heavy, difficult to get in the car, and not very comfortable. Give your local reseller a call and test drive one ...
    Can`t you get the U2 light? I have tried the panthera u2 light and is an excelent chair, and one of the lightest i have pick up, very easy for the car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMDPVdrBvQ the only thing i don`t like much was the back uphostery.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by totoL1; 09-15-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    What chair you want?
    ZR 2 Superlight Edition

With the money that is going to cost you that chair in Sweden you could get the Panthera X.

In Spain Tilite is not much cheaper than in Sweden, the basic price of a ZR in Spain is around $3600 and Sportaid the basic price is $2095.
    But in Spain if i import the chair from US i only have to pay 4% for taxes.

In Sweden, the wheelchairs are expensive but you have tons of beautiful blondes with long legs . Where is the injustice?

*But why you do not order on Sportaid ?
    Last edited by Ballistika; 09-15-2010 at 01:20 PM.

With the money that is going to cost you that chair in Sweden you could get the Panthera X.
    I know, the Panthera X is only another c.$700 more. However, the X with its skinny little castors would never workout in Sweden considering every town has miles of cobbled streets and pothole covered sidewalks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistika View Post
    *But why you do not order on Sportaid ?
    Because after Tax & Import duty it will be c.$4,800
    Last edited by sarcastrix; 09-15-2010 at 01:34 PM.

I know, the Panthera X is only another c.$700 more. However, the X with its skinny little castors would never workout in Sweden considering every town has miles of cobbled streets and pothole covered sidewalks.

Because after Tax & Import duty it will be c.$4,800
    With what castors you are going to order the ZR?
    X can be ordered with 5" casters and after you put softroll caster by froglegs and i think it will be ok.

With what castors you are going to order the ZR?
    X can be ordered with 5" casters and after you put softroll caster by froglegs and i think it will be ok.
    I was wrong, you only can order it with 3", anyway you could take them out and change them for 4x1.5 softrool casters, the fit in the pantheras forks, but you will change differentes parameters of the chairs.

There is very little you can change with the X, I've had a couple of demo's and its not for me. It's ok to have for as a 'special chair' but for as daily ride, no.