Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of my new (used) Tilite ZRA to my Quickie GTX

Comparison of my new (used) Tilite ZRA to my Quickie GTX

Well I just unpacked my ZRA tonight which I bought off ebay for $480.00 and $20.00 shipping. The chair is in excellent condition. The size seems about right and feels a little larger than my GTX which is a good thing. I can't really tell much of a difference from this Tilite over my GTX though, about the same weight I'd say and has about the same feel to it as my GTX. The GTX has no creaks or noises which is amazing for a folding chair and it really does feel like a rigid chair, this confirms it in my mind just how good the GTX is. Anyhow the ZRA does feel very solid and I'm anxious to take the wheels off my GTX (Spinergy Spox) and put them on the ZRA once I have the time to adjust the axles, then I'll be able to get even a better comparison between the two chairs as the wheels are kinda heavy that came with the ZRA. I also need to raise the footrest a little bit on the ZRA, other than that really don't need any adjustments to it which is amazing for a new and different chair, very easy setup. I might move the backrest angle up a little bit as it is now tilting a little towards the back of the chair, this would help my posture. Overall though I'm pretty impressed with the ZRA and for the price I got it at it was a no brainer. It will be a good backup chair to my GTX and help keep some of the wear and tear off that chair as they don't sell those anymore here in the States.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Ok, so finally got the ZRA all adjusted and got my spinergy axles adjusted to fit the spinergy wheels off my GTX. Ya it rolls real nice, I notice I wheel up my driveway more easily, I'm thinking some of that has to do with I'm pitched forward just a little bit in the chair, I may drop down the front casters one notch down to give the chair a little bit of dump, right now it sits fairly flat, maybe that in combination with changing out the rear tires from 23's to 20's lower profile kendas. But ya, I'm fairly happy with the chair so far, its in good shape, upholstry is not worn or anything, for 500 bucks I think I got a good deal. I have the feeling it will be harder to load into my truck though as with the GTX I don't even have to remove the rear wheels, just fold and go.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Glad to hear it worked out for you.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Hi Curt Leatherbee
    Congrats with your new chair
    It is nice to see your inspirational posts and I was just reminicing about how much I miss Florida the weather looks great in your picture My folks live in Florida boy time flies ...
    Enjoy your new chair

Keep in touch and keep smiling
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

Yeah, for $500 you didn't go wrong. I'm glad it fits you well.

Blog Entries
    In a truck, folders are the perfect chair. I was in and out of my truck with my quickie a LOT faster than with the zra. I'm gettin the al version of the zra here within the month. The MAIN reason I got a zra was the Ti don't show scratches like painted metal. That chair will always ride in my car. I take my Colours SPzzG in the back if I gotta go off pavement.

BTW, nice truck, saw it in a picture.

curt, when it comes down to it, you can probably get a new quickie neon off a european based website - there are several uk ones. itll probably work out a bit more expensive, but you get what you want, with slightly different options available and much better colour choices. off the top of my head, http://epc-wheelchairs.co.uk/categor.../9/quickie.htm or mbees.co.uk. dont forget, youre vat exempt

Thanks Gypsylady, Florida is real nice but I sure as heck am hopeful this winter is nothing like last winter, some nights it got down as low as 24 degrees and everything died including all the nice plants around where I live and the lawns turned all brown and ugly. I was thinking why did I move here, its about the same temp in New England where I came from.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylady View Post
    Hi Curt Leatherbee
    Congrats with your new chair
    It is nice to see your inspirational posts and I was just reminicing about how much I miss Florida the weather looks great in your picture My folks live in Florida boy time flies ...
    Enjoy your new chair

Keep in touch and keep smiling
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yep, its definately used, but looks like it was well cared for, not too many scratches or wear. The wheels that were on it weighed a ton, they had solid tire inserts, they were the first thing to go and put the spinergies on it. I guess what it comes down to is there are some situations where a folding chair is good and others where the rigid has the advantage. If I had to wheel a long distance I'm much rather be in my new Tilite chair. I'm sure I'd be less fatigued.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Yeah, for $500 you didn't go wrong. I'm glad it fits you well.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 09-17-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I still have not tried getting it in my truck yet, just my car and did seem even harder getting it in the car than the folding GTX. However the ease of wheeling and the straight tracking and the comfort of the chair sorta offsets thoses issues, I'm sure I'll get better at putting it in vehicles as I get use to it. I do feel more comfortable in this Tilite than my GTX, I think the GTX I have is a little on the small side for me, a couple people have pointed that out in the past that the GTX looked a little small for me, so I guess I'll start using this TI as my primary chair and the GTX as my backup, unless its really tough pulling this TI into the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    In a truck, folders are the perfect chair. I was in and out of my truck with my quickie a LOT faster than with the zra. I'm gettin the al version of the zra here within the month. The MAIN reason I got a zra was the Ti don't show scratches like painted metal. That chair will always ride in my car. I take my Colours SPzzG in the back if I gotta go off pavement.

BTW, nice truck, saw it in a picture.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred