Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Not impressed with Ti Lite

Thumbs down Not impressed with Ti Lite

So I got the ZR series 2 a few months ago and ALREADY I broke a screw on the backrest, literally its snapped in half so my back is looking more like
    \_ rather than |_

I had my Quickie GT for 5 years and nothing broke on it once except that I had to replace the front caster bearings and I beat the hell out of that thing. Everytime I take it out of my car it smashes on the ground. I'm even gentle when I take my ti lite out of the trunk.

It also feels like my frog legs are going to tear off when I lean forward because it makes this creeking noise like something is going to snap. The Ti Lite is pretty to look at but really I don't see this chair lasting me longer than 2 years if its already breaking on me
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 09-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Ya, I had those kinda experiences also with a tilite I had about 6 years ago, seemed like screws kept on coming loose and breaking and that kinda thing. The frame geometry was screwball also. I just bought a Tilite ZRA off ebay for $500.00 bucks used and I'll see how that one is. I have not even removed it from the box yet, just got back from a Sailboat race in NY and there was the box. Hope its better than the last Tilite I had.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 09-14-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    So I got the ZR series 2 a few months ago and ALREADY I broke a screw on the backrest, literally its snapped in half so my back is looking more like
    \_ rather than |_

I had my Quickie GT for 5 years and nothing broke on it once except that I had to replace the front caster bearings and I beat the hell out of that thing. Everytime I take it out of my car it smashes on the ground. I'm even gentle when I take my ti lite out of the trunk.

It also feels like my frog legs are going to tear off when I lean forward because it makes this creeking noise like something is going to snap. The Ti Lite is pretty to look at but really I don't see this chair lasting me longer than 2 years if its already breaking on me
    Not good and not acceptable. The chairs should probably ship with replacement bolts/screws for just these situations -- a user should not be put out of commission because of a broken bolt.

As for the FL suspension forks, I wouldn't have ordered them in the first place -- not that this helps you now. I would suggest phoning Mark Chelgren, the owner of FL, and ask for his assistance, which he has always graciously offered to me.

I'm sorry to hear that Cory. I'd be really frustrated and disgusted too.
    Make a complaint.
    Damn, it looks so good.

One thing about tilite, I'v found them great to work with. Tomorrow give them a call, I bet they'll ship you some spare hardware. Granted, it shouldn't happen to begin with, but for me they've been good about getting me back on the road asap. And that's w/ a cheapo demo from ebay. I'd think they'd be extra nice to you, a gen-yoo-wine cash paying customer, with one-a them fancy new fangled "jobs" and all.

Curt-Let us know how yu like it! What size ZRA? $500 for a custom titanium chair is a helluva deal, even if it wasn't custom for you.

oh bummer...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    One thing about tilite, I'v found them great to work with. Tomorrow give them a call, I bet they'll ship you some spare hardware. Granted, it shouldn't happen to begin with, but for me they've been good about getting me back on the road asap. And that's w/ a cheapo demo from ebay. I'd think they'd be extra nice to you, a gen-yoo-wine cash paying customer, with one-a them fancy new fangled "jobs" and all.

Curt-Let us know how yu like it! What size ZRA? $500 for a custom titanium chair is a helluva deal, even if it wasn't custom for you.
    Yes, it sure did seemed like a deal, it looked new in the picture and also included two Varilite cushions. I'll post tomorrow how it is, did not get around to pulling it out of the box tonight. Tired from the trip, won the race though so that was good.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I gotta say that my ZRA was awesome for 4 years and sturdy as hell, never had a problem other then changing tires and casters out as they wore down and the seat sling sagging as my big ass broke it in to much.

Quickies on the other hand have been horrible for me. I've broken frames, screws on the back hardware have broken multiple times on every one I've owned as well as the hardware the screws go into breaking several times. Had the middle brace between the two back poles snap on me...all in all horrible experiences with the 4 I've had.

So far with the ZR2 though I can see where you are coming from, while I haven't broken any screws, I did have some come out on me in the first week. I tightened em up with some locktite and no more problems, however there is wiggle on my back that I can't seem to get out. It has about a 1/2 play when it's in the locked position. There is also some side wiggle to the chair, hard to explain what I mean there. Sit still in one spot and sort of rock back and forth, my ZRA was solid with no wiggle or movement, this ZR2 doesn't feel as solid, it wiggles back and forth and I can't figure out why. They axles are in tight, every screw is as tight as it can be, but it still rocks back and forth a bit inside the wheels, it's really weird.
    Most everything I say is

Are the inserts on the axle tight Tex?