Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Check out this guy's elevator!

Quote Originally Posted by beerod View Post
    it's been running for around 18 months now and i still appreciate it every day. well worth all of the head scratching.
    This is really good stuff. Do you have any other ideas in development?

I fully understand that this thread is 8 years old, but I've only recently discovered this video earlier this year

Quote Originally Posted by beerod View Post
    glad you like it guys!
    Absolutely! Being that the lift was just shy of two years in use at the time you posted in this thread, can you share any updates on the lift, your home and any tidbits of info you could share concerning living with the lift all of this time?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Cool place!

In regards to the lift, I wonder if the same principles could be incorporated into an inclined platform stair lift?
    This is what I've been trying to figure out for a while. I think that I have a good idea for how and want to build a scale model for proof of concept.
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

I have something similar for a lift on my basement steps based on the counter weight system. Tracks on the wall and the platform goes down the steps. I like beerods system better however as you have the weights, cables and pulleys all visible as he is going up and down. My weight and pulleys are underneath the steps out of sight as I go up and down. I would rather have everything visible as I go up and down. Easier to inspect and keep an eye on cable wear.

I wonder about his counterweighted scheme.
    How would two Crips Get together on the same floor? Can you send it back up and have a second one come down or is it strictly one of the time and always somebody on the lift?
    My dumb waiter is a pain in the ass to crank up or down with nobody in it but that’s what I do when another crip shows up
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsang View Post
    I have something similar for a lift on my basement steps based on the counter weight system. Tracks on the wall and the platform goes down the steps. I like beerods system better however as you have the weights, cables and pulleys all visible as he is going up and down. My weight and pulleys are underneath the steps out of sight as I go up and down. I would rather have everything visible as I go up and down. Easier to inspect and keep an eye on cable wear.
    Do you have any pics or video of your setup you could share?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Such a sweet design.... I know Beerod hasn't been seen since 2011... would be awesome to see how it all held up and what addon, adjustments, tuneups he had to make.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully this gives you some idea of the setup. Tracks on the wall. The platform sits on a frame. The frame has 3 sides and open in the front. The platform is on hinges and folds up so others can go down the steps. The weight is concrete in a well casing approx 250 pounds. 1 cable on each side hooks to the back of the platform and pulls the weight up as I go down the steps. I drop a pin in each side of the track at the bottom of the steps before getting off so the weight does not drop and shoot the platform back up the steps.
    Last edited by kurtsang; 09-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Very Great!
    Nice engineering. And, just like mine, the 3rd time is the charm.
    Seems whenever I build something that is big and somewhat complicated, it informs my thinking
    and demands a re-do to make it even greater.
    Welcome to my world!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

This is exactly how I envisioned it. Thank you for confirming it to be possible.