Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinnergy LX's black spokes with black hubs = $200 extra?!?!?

Spinnergy LX's black spokes with black hubs = $200 extra?!?!?

I called TiLite and asked them if I could get the LX's I am ordering with black hubs and spokes, because I am going for a blacked out type of look on my next chair. They said sure, we can do that, for $200.

WTF, it's not any extra work for anybody. I don't know where along the line the wheels get built, but all it takes is for the guy whose building the wheels to pick up a black hub instead of a silver one. Can someone explain to me how this could possibly cost $200?

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I called TiLite and asked them if I could get the LX's I am ordering with black hubs and spokes, because I am going for a blacked out type of look on my next chair. They said sure, we can do that, for $200.

WTF, it's not any extra work for anybody. I don't know where along the line the wheels get built, but all it takes is for the guy whose building the wheels to pick up a black hub instead of a silver one. Can someone explain to me how this could possibly cost $200?
    odd, i have red spk black hub. no extra chare above lx charge
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    odd, i have red spk black hub. no extra chare above lx charge
    If you have colored spokes it comes with a natural black hub.

If you have black spokes, it naturally comes with a silver hub.

Thats why he is getting charged extra because it isn't standard. I asked them if I could get my frog legs colored red and they said sure, $600. I said fuck that.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

One of the dumbest things I've seen. What is the likelihood that someone ordering black spokes will want a black hub? Probably 100%. Yet, the only option for wheels with black spokes is a silver hub, unless you want to get hammered in the ass. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post

Buy your tilite with STD wheels, and after buy your LX through sportaid, with sportaid you will have to pay $30 each, i`m not sure if was each one or for the two.

that's ok toto, except your wheel gap between frame and wheel is based on the wheel you order. standard wheels have a different sized hub. so once you put your spinergys on the wheelgap will change. ok if your not fussy.
    discovered the downside to this on my recent rugby chair. thought i'd save my spinergys for competition and use the old cr20 wheels for training. my wheelgap is so tight, the old cr20's rub on the backrest

Quote Originally Posted by mc.mitch View Post
    that's ok toto, except your wheel gap between frame and wheel is based on the wheel you order. standard wheels have a different sized hub. so once you put your spinergys on the wheelgap will change. ok if your not fussy.
    Adjuste your axle, you only have to move the nut.

I`m not sure if the axle will have enough adjustament for the LX.

Another example of Tilite joining the big corporation greed.

i hate tilites bullshit pricing but i wouldn't roll anything else for a ti chair.
    "Impossible is Nothing" - Adidas Slogan

It's the same with the $275 upcharge to shape the $400 CF side guards - Go figure!

It would be cheaper to send them to totoL1 in Spain with a crate of beer to get them done!