Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Adi Jetstream & Roho Jetsteam

Difference between Adi Jetstream & Roho Jetsteam

Can someone please help me with these two products? Which one is better? Or are they same product with different brand names??

Any input would be so helpful right now.

Thank you~!

same thing different sticker on the back. I believe ADI makes em and sells em to Roho who then re-badges them as JetStreams.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by tracym View Post
    Can someone please help me with these two products? Which one is better? Or are they same product with different brand names??

Any input would be so helpful right now.

Thank you~!
    There are subtle differences. The contour of the shells is slightly different. And the cushion cover attachment is different. ADI's wraps all they way around the shell, Rohos have a flap that goes over the top portion (plus a Velcro stripe down the center inside of the shell). Also, the foam on ADI's cushions have an thin dense overlay to help maintain its integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    There are subtle differences. The contour of the shells is slightly different. And the cushion cover attachment is different. ADI's wraps all they way around the shell, Rohos have a flap that goes over the top portion (plus a Velcro stripe down the center inside of the shell). Also, the foam on ADI's cushions have an thin dense overlay to help maintain its integrity.
    ADI CF back, low height, active contour w/ 2 point pro mounting hardware (fixed mounting / adjustable positioning)

I don't understand the fixed but adjustable bit. At first blush it seems oxymoronic. How can it really be both fixed mount and yet still adjustable?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Hey Guys...thanks for helping out! Sounds like the ADI is the superior one.

Todd, thanks for the photo! Being able to see it in detail on a chair, really helped. I'm trying to figure out whether to go for the 10 inch or the 13 inch. Would you be able to tell me the length from seat to top of the ADI backrest?

ADI is easier to deal with as a company for customer support, too.

I wore out the cushioning on one of my Jetstream backs, called them, but got shot down due to a contract they have w/ Roho... who consequently doesn't deal with customers directly... so I had to go through a dealer (Sportaid, in this case).

It's good to support the little guys.

I tried getting a back from ADI and wanted to have them build it so that it was an inch wider but had the hardware to connect to the back posts (so 18 inch back on a 17 inch frame). I was told to go through sportaid. In my mind...not good considering sportaid would not handle this. I wanted to support the little guys...but apparently they did not want my support.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Hi Dale, It's just in the lingo. Fixed mount refers to hardware that does not offer a quick release bracket. Within fixed mount hardware, ADI offers a non-adjustable option while both ROHO and ADI offer adjustable options (to adjust seat depth and angle).

Thanks for the clarification, Todd. Fwiw, ADI accommodated my custom backrest request, as well as a few others. Perhaps they've changed policy.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.