Thread: Anniversary Dinner

Anniversary Dinner

This was my 9 year wedding anniversary......yes, we were at the courthouse when the first tower fell. Horrible day.

Anyways, I did seafood of all sorts on the grill and was very happy with the results.

Started off with some frozen Hush Puppies, I know they're super easy to make, but this brand is really good and last but not least, I'm lazy.

Then added the homemade crab cakes, I'm lazy but when it comes to crab cakes, I'm not.

They're starting to brown nicely and firm up, I was worried about the flip, but I made sure the grates were super clean, hot and oiled. When it comes to cast iron, follow those rules and it's basically non stick!

While the puppies and cakes were cooking I had some jumbo scallops and head on shrimp marinating in Wolfe Rub Citrus, EVOO and a little lime juice.

Cakes, puppies and scallops are done, time for the crabs and shrimp.

My plate

My finished plate, I felt like a satisfied pig.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Looks very delicious. I don't consider you lazy at all when it comes to your cooking. Lazy is opening a box of hamburger helper. LOL

ps. You mean after nine years and you didn't cook your loved one her favorite...a bubba burger??? (ha ha just kidding)

Looks great, as always. Happy anniversary!!

Happy anniversary!

How do you make the crab cakes?

Nice!! Happy Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Looks very delicious. I don't consider you lazy at all when it comes to your cooking. Lazy is opening a box of hamburger helper. LOL

ps. You mean after nine years and you didn't cook your loved one her favorite...a bubba burger??? (ha ha just kidding)

You don't forget anything!! That is hilarious you remembered that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Happy anniversary!

How do you make the crab cakes?
    Keep them as simple as possible, you want to taste the crab, not filler or seasoning.

Here's how I make them, try to mimic my Dad's who were the best, but he sautee'd them in butter.

1lb Crab Meat (buy the best you can get)
    2 Eggs
    2 TBS Mayo
    10 Saltine Crackers
    Couple Dashes of Worcestershire
    Little Old Bay to taste

Minimally combine and form into cakes and saute' in butter. I know I did mine on the grill, but my father's rocked in butter!!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Wolfeman - I can't forget that bubba burger, it looked soo gross. Expecially next to all of your delicious looking foods. I never heard of them and now I see them in our local walmart and think of you and your wife everytime.

mouth watering.........Dave used to grill out, but never anything like that.
    Hope your day was good in every way.