Thread: Question on Shockblade suspension.

Question on Shockblade suspension.

Hi.

I have a situation. Recently a company (namely Nissin Wheelchair) offered me to sponsor custom-made wheelchair. Their line-up includes the chair from Colours. (they bought colours recently).I already have an ultralight chair (tilite TR, so i was thinking, hey, why not suspension this time?

The thing is, though i'm fond of the suspension ability, i dont really like the flex and the risk of constant-changing COG. this might be a silly question, but can Colours Schockblade's suspension be swapped to a, say, RockShox?rockshox have the ability to turn the suspension on and off, whenever i need.

just need a clarity. their only option for me to choose is either saber, razorblade, and shockblade. nissin's original lineup are folding chair, thus not considerable for me.

thanks in advance.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

You can`t put rockshox in the Boing, it has independence suspension for each wheel and as you can see littler than rockshoxs.
    Anyway going from a TR to a Boing i don`t think is a good idea, Boing weight nearly twice,

Here's an old shock blade thread, you actually posted in it. There was mention of a friend swapping out the type of shock but it increasing weight.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=138554
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    You can`t put rockshox in the Boing, it has independence suspension for each wheel and as you can see littler than rockshoxs.
    Anyway going from a TR to a Boing i don`t think is a good idea, Boing weight nearly twice,
    Toto, a company wants to sponsor university students.i got it for free, so it'll be for backup.
    going from TR to shockblade is absurd, but i dont mind keeping an extra chair for leisure...

i just thought maybe i can swap it with rockshox (or maybe some china counterfeit) despite it being independent.it just mean i need to get 2 of em, if ever possible.
    if it cant, maybe i'll just settle for razorblade instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Here's an old shock blade thread, you actually posted in it. There was mention of a friend swapping out the type of shock but it increasing weight.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=138554

Lin, that guy (on a later thread) didnt like his shockblade. he has problem with his alignment or something, and colours didnt help him out on that one.i figure i couldnt get much detail on shockblade, but he owns a razorblade though.
    Last edited by nia adha; 10-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

If its free take it. I would guess if they are giving it to you they might want feed back. If they want the feed back you could do some good, by giving them constructive information. If not, you have a free chair.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    Toto, a company wants to sponsor university students.i got it for free, so it'll be for backup.
    going from TR to shockblade is absurd, but i dont mind keeping an extra chair for leisure...

Well, if it`s free ask for another to me.

I will take a free one also. See how many you can get. I would even provde as much info as they want.