Thread: Triathlon tomorrow

Triathlon tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm doing my second sprint triathlon. It's an hour away (why? don't we have enough perfectly good triathlons right here in Boulder and Longmont?) so up by 4:30, breakfast, in the truck by 5:00, rack the handcycle and racing chair by 6:15, get body marked, at the pool by 6:30, get my timing chip, swim at 7:00, out on the bike course by 7:20 (the transition area is what seems like MILES away from the pool), out on the run course by 8:40, done by 9:10. At least that's the plan.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, have fun! What are the distances for each. I did one that was 800m swim, 13.1 bike, and 5k push. I enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll do many more yet.

It's a little shorter: 500 yd swim, 11 mile bike, 5k push. About 600 people total, 2 wheelchair competitors.

You go! Have fun and crush the other wheelchair competitor.

How did your race go?

Hope you had a great time. Look forward to hearing all about it!!!!

GJ

It was good! The race director let the two of us start in the first heat and have our own lane (this was a pool swim). I'm a faster swimmer than the other wheelchair competitor, so I was out and on the bike course ahead of him. He's a much faster biker than I am, but his transition must have taken him a while, because he didn't catch me until mile 9.

He was only a few yards ahead of me on the run, which was out-and-back on a paved bike path. I caught him at the turn around but wasn't able to pass him on the narrow path what with runners coming in the other direction. I bumped the back of his race chair about 5 times, though.

He beat me by only 25 seconds - I think he's starting to get worried about me :-). We had a fun time, and it was great to have someone to race against.

Oh, the times:
    Me: 1:53.46
    The other guy: 1:53.21

Nice one!

Congrats on a great race!

hell yah, awesome
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer