Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rgk

Rgk

RGK are going to sell Oracings wheelchairs, they are partners, and i think you`ve got RGK distribuitor in US, so maybe you`ve got soon another chair where to choise.
    Read on the middle of this news

oh sure, 2 weeks after I order a Lasher.. well I get magnesium.

Thanks for the link! I think next fall I'll be ordering a rugby chair from orto.

and those rgk scissor brakes look sweet! Not like the plastic quickie's of that design.

Will their Training bike be available in the US also?

www.4rgk.com - i have one. dropped it out a window and did little more than scratch the paint

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    oh sure, 2 weeks after I order a Lasher.. well I get magnesium.

You will be setting in an excellent chair anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Will their Training bike be available in the US also?
    If chairs are going to be available sure that bikes too, but i don`t know if is going to be available in RGK US

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    and those rgk scissor brakes look sweet!
    Mr. TiLite guy, look at those brakes. those are cool, my pouch on my supracore cover always gets hung up on my lever, pisses me off.

having watched the oracing posts with great interests i had seen rgk had teamed up with oracing a while back.
    if this means these chairs are more readily available i'm hoping this will help get these chairs out there more. They certainly have a good product.
    my only concern would be i'd then need to deal with a dealer in my own country.... and i know from talking to many dealers, that unless you get the right person in the company most of them don't know enough about the chairs they sell.
    i'd almost rather deal with oracing direct and just organise them to send the chair from spain with door to door freight (ie the freight company handles customs and duties in the price).
    this is why i use companies like melrose for rugby. all my talks are directly with the manufacturer, and when i give feedback on whats good and bad, they listen and get back to me on any manufacturing changes.

any word on whether oracing are looking at an adjustable COG version? if they do i think they could really lead the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mc.mitch View Post
    They certainly have a good product.
    my only concern would be i'd then need to deal with a dealer in my own country.... and i know from talking to many dealers, that unless you get the right person in the company most of them don't know enough about the chairs they sell.
    Exactly, there was only one company in Texas that you could go through for the Marvel, they had a store in each of the major cities. I went to the one in Dallas and the DME rep there that I had talked to in emails and over the phone knew I was coming to look at the Mavel chair. He knew if for a couple of weeks and said he'd have it ready.

When I got there he didn't know anything about it, the tires were flat, they couldn't find the transfer handles(which I really really wanted to see) and he tried to sell me their new Quickie Q7 that they just got a new demo model of.

As far as RGK goes, I've never seen one in person and don't know of a DME that carries them in my area if any do. From their website it looks like they have one North America dealer and it's in Canada, so going through them to sell the Oracing chair won't exactly spread the word. As Mitch said, if I had the out of pocket money to purchase one I'd rather just deal directly with the manufacturer.
    Most everything I say is

Sent an "E" to RGK. The training bike will not be available in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by mc.mitch View Post

any word on whether oracing are looking at an adjustable COG version? if they do i think they could really lead the market.

I remember that they do the chair just like you want and need, you want COG adjustable? they will do it and with the desing that you would like.
    You even can send them a draw of a the chair you would like and they will send you the CAD.
    Of course all this cost money.
    Here is a special chair that they do for a little girl with only 100lbs, they used a thinner diameter of tubes and for give them the enough rigid is reinfored in the bend because this girl have muscular dystrophy and she need the lightest chair as posible for can pick it up to the car.
    This chair i took the measurements to the girl and i ordered for her, because she live in a city near mine, i would like that you could speak with her for see what she think about her chair.