Thread: your tv signal quality

your tv signal quality

i got a 42 inch Panasonic plasma and a basic Time Warner Cable like 100 channels package, some channels are really bad, washed out or pixalated and seems like its getting worse every month. I understand that they broadcast standard definition digitally, i dont want to pay more for something that should be right to start with. Any one has similar issues?
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

a friend of went out and bought a cheap tv, and keeps his hi-dep tv turned off unless a game is on or blu-ray movie
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I pay an extra ten bucks a month for an HD box (Comcast provides service) and have a perfect picture. It is worth the money in my opinion if you can afford it.

check your connectors...and do u have any splitters??..u lose quality when u split off........check em for good connections....is the cable wire inside old....have a new line run... even basic cable has high def channels that will come in but are not on channel guide.....i have directv,,and cable..channels 86-___ are some high def's on cable(comcast)

you've got a HDTV and a standard def source. It's gonna happen.

We cancelled cable & just use Netflix/Hulu + a HDTV over-the-air antenna. Works great & costs us < $10/mo (excluding internet service).

also...just cause u have a plasma doesnt mean a quality pic......did u buy 1080p or 720p (pixels)......and whats the herzt (hz)...120 , 240 ? my liv tv has 600hz......higher hz = lower distortion.......

Bottom line is that there are a hundred reasons why you may get bad service. The fact that the quality is getting worst tells you it's not your tv but something to do with the signal. If you have not split the source or made any other changes to dilute the signal then it's a cable issue. Check to make sure you haven't split the signal and then call them. Tell them it's been getting worst and they will check the signal strength in your area.
    -------------------------
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick

its 1080p with 60hz it handles blue rays and anything else connected through hdmi flawlessly, cable is not split and been tested by time warner more then a few times, the free channels like abc, cbs, fox, nbc look great during prime time, cant cancel it because its part of the apartment package deal, paying $10 for what should be good quality to start with isnt me. I guess im stuck, thank you for your responses.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

Panasonic has a setting called "1 to 1 pixel" and this is necessary so every pixel finds the correct home. Has this TV been calibrated?
    Quote Originally Posted by russianboss View Post
    i got a 42 inch Panasonic plasma and a basic Time Warner Cable like 100 channels package, some channels are really bad, washed out or pixalated and seems like its getting worse every month. I understand that they broadcast standard definition digitally, i dont want to pay more for something that should be right to start with. Any one has similar issues?
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

yes, it didnt change anything
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07