Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job denial

Even if you don't want the job I'd report this to someone.
    I am angry you had to go through this. Jerks!

Suzie, you have a great attitude, another door will certainly open.

I agree with Daisy, you should take action, dont let this slide or they will do it again and again..

I did write her an email since the email addy the denile came from was her personal name and asked for a reason why i was not hired.

One thing that truely pisses me off is them doing back ground checks before i was even asked to fill out a paper to give them permission. ....

The main boss and the woman that interviewed me are single and drunks from what i hear. They work then most every night go sit in a bar after work.

Yeah, i am pissed off also. Life loves to kick ya while your down. I question if i can work and my mother is sick of taking care of me to be honest. I wish i had money to just take off and start over someplace.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Blog Entries
    I agree somebody really needs to know. Have you thought of the old "anonymous tip," or maybe not so anonymous?

"I never would work for a company that lets its employees treat me like yours did, so this is not a request for intervention I just thought you should know that your employee Ms. X very egregiously violated the ADA while interviewing me, and is leaving you very vulnerable to a successful lawsuit. You might consider some serious employee education."

You could add for fun:

“You also might like to know that she spends her day watching NASCAR and playing online on Facebook, rather than really working.”

Or you could file with the EEOC, maybe recoup some damages.

Don't they ask you about your health problems on applications and ask you how or if it will effect your job?

Sounds legal to me.

Yes i am going to complain to someone but just dont know who yet. I will start with the EEOC. She did very egregiously violate my rights and i am sure she has others too. Not one disabled person works there and i saw 1 low level black employee which i thought was shocking.

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    Don't they ask you about your health problems on applications and ask you how or if it will effect your job?

Sounds legal to me.
    It's not. They may be able to ask if you 'can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonble accommodation' but i don't think they can get more detailed than that.

They never asked about health problems on the application. At NO time did she ever ask me about needing any help ect...She asked about why i was off a year since i last worked. I was honest and told her what basically i went thru and was ok now ect.. she asked me what that intailed and some other questions which i answered. I told her i was taking a medication to eleviate the spinal fluid in my brain which was causing the problems. I tried to down play things but she was freeked out by it and thats when the interview shut down basically and i could see it. So i tried to redirect her on my health being fine, i am ok ect.. and she said "still, that seems serious"... After that i knew it was a mute cause. She was to pompus to listen and to ignorant to understand.

Yah that sucks. I've never been asked about my medical condition. Sounds like a shitty place to work anyways.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

@Random--Oh ok. Hmmm good to know. *takes mental note*